No announcement yet.

Duck stamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your PO doesn't have them, your PO Postmaster can order them. Just say-n.

I bought 3 through Academy Wed evening. Both the counter help fellers couldn't understand why I bought 3. And I had to explain to each, twice, despite it be-n none of their business . Both had never heard of anyone buying more than one.

Guess that's one of the things lost with the younger gen.

Neither had ever seen someone get a lifetime license before either. But at least one had been trained enough to know what buttons to push and questions to ask.

Comment

Do we still have to sign them?? I used to buy two if I liked the stamp & still save mine off my lic every year...gotta pile of them somewhere & sure the post office has some but just doesn't get the requests like they used to. I gotta go mail off a package in a bit & going to one of the smaller offices in a bit so kinda curious how many they still sale over the counter.

My fed gw bud said to sign really small down at the bottom, but I now cut a little extra off the bottom to keep as much ink off the printed portion...assuming the rule hasn't changed & always thought it was odd since your sig is already right underneath the stamp on the lic itself??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Do we still have to sign them??
        Yes sir you do.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
          Just went online and purchased. Not fan of the $5.00 administration fee.
          While I agree a $5.00 fee might be a little steep, How do you think they pay for the website being made and the upkeep of it so you can order online. I will gladly pay it because it would cost me more then $5.00 in gas and then about a hour of mine time to go buy at the store. I ordered it online this year again and didn't even take 5 minutes and was delivered in less then a week. It sure sucks when you go to the store, wait in line and then the person at the counter has no clue what they are doing. I've spent 20+ minutes waiting for them to get everything correct on the license at Acedemy. I basically had to walk them through it and could have got behind the counter and probably done it a lot faster myself. That alone is worth $5.00 to me to do it online.

Comment

Just went online and purchased. Not fan of the $5.00 administration fee.
            me neither but I order my license, my sons licenses, and stamps all together so I can justify the admin fee, it does beat going into a store to buy them where they act like the license gods there.

Comment

For you guys so fond of going to the PO.

Where do you put your carry weapon while you go in?

Comment

They are $28.50 at Academy. Had to buy one for me and two for my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Where I keep my carry weapon when I go to the post office is no ones business but mine.

And if I don't get my duck stamp from the PO this year during one of my many trips there I already make, it will be the first time in over 10 years that I dont get it there. In fact the lady that works there has been there the last few years and always asks me this time of year when she sees me if I'm getting my duck stamp.

Ordering online can be convenient, but they charge an extra $3.50 for that stamp. The state figured out how to reach their hand into that federal cookie jar. Yeah yeah, it's not much, but it's the principal. But saying that it's an inconvenience to have to drive to academy, use your legs to walk in and pay for it and walk back out and drive home, come on. You're saying that's the only time you ever go to a sporting goods store? Or an HEB? Or any other store that sells hunting licenses the entire year is that one time you need to buy a hunting license? Yall act like its 1880 and you live a 2 days horseback ride from the nearest town. Is it inconvenient or just lazy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

In the holster

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                      Yall act like its 1880 and you live a 2 days horseback ride from the nearest town.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Don't tell me Burnadale and I, have over slept again!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Sorry...forgot to ask. They were a little busy & am friends with the guys/gals behind the counter & got to yapping.

I don't like going to the main office as it's bonkers, but the old original downtown is always a place where you run into folks you know & normally never a line. yeah, I'm gettin oldish.

Comment

I bought mine online from TPWD. Glad to pay the little bit of extra fee to save some gas and time driving to the Post Office and standing in their long and inefficient line.

Comment

In the holster

I will chance the misdemeanor for ignoring a 30.06 but That’s a different deal from the Post Office or even its parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X