No announcement yet.

More water trough pics.....Tom Green County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always like to see what comes to the water hole.

Comment

You caught one of them coons "mid shake"!

I do hate a porcupine...

Comment

That big 8 is a stud! You have history with him? He looks mature. Beautiful deer but not really what you'd want out there breeding even tho he has a real nice frame. I'd shoot that sucker in a heartbeat! Love me some big 8's!

Comment

312 Coons since May 15th?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            Very cool pics. Must be a good sized pen, I don't see any fencing.

60yards by 35 yards and it’s goatwire. If you zoom in in the daytime pics and look behind the big cedar stump with its branches cut you can see the goatwire in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Cool pics, Jason! That big 8 is a stud.
              Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Nice Jason! You got some great looking bucks!
              Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              That big 8 is a stud! You have history with him? He looks mature. Beautiful deer but not really what you'd want out there breeding even tho he has a real nice frame. I'd shoot that sucker in a heartbeat! Love me some big 8's!

Thanks fellas...Hope to see him in person hardhorned come bow season. This is my 3rd season seeing him around although he comes and goes. We thought he was 4.5 the first season so he's either 6.5 or if we overestimated him the first time, 5.5. He makes all my other deer look like hill country deer bodywise. He is just flat out huge bodied and a glutton at the timed protein trough....so I am hoping the horns are proportional. We named him Bartolo last year because of it after chunky Rangers pitcher Bartolo Colon. And I am fine with him breeding because we love big 8s.. He does have a base kicker on his right base.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              312 Coons since May 15th?

Sorry....5/2015

Comment

Nice pics, thanks for sharing... That 8 is a good looking buck...

Comment

thanks for sharing. figured you'd have tons of turkey pics

Comment

Lot's of different critters. Very cool.

Comment

That 8 has a beautiful cape too!

Comment

More water trough pics.....Tom Green County

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                        thanks for sharing. figured you'd have tons of turkey pics

You would think right? But in the summer they tend to stay away from this area for some reason. I have no idea why as there are plenty of grasshoppers/bugs etc and plenty of water. But strangely as soon as any warm days in Jan show, the hens start showing up in droves....which brings their boyfriend around. Weird patterns for sure. On the flipside my other pens has a good group of hens frequenting it right now. I am also surprised there are not any foxes or bobcats this time around.

Comment

Very cool. We don't have porcupines, are they a nuisance? Do they eat the protein and corn like a coon will? We have plenty of coons but are working to thin them down.

any yotes or bobcats?

Comment

Good deal, you would think them porcupines would run off the coons.

Comment

Nice Coons bro [emoji16] build that wall

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice pics. I need to put some more out been slacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X