This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Two wrongs here. TX/OU is a top 3 rivalry. It is usually relevant on the national stage. So is Texas a bigger game for LSU than Bama? No. Same scenarios.

It would be better for your Ags if LSU got mud holed and went 7-5 this year. Common sense.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    No way. We play LSU. If they beat yall and we beat them, it's way better for us. Common sense. We don't play yall, so if yall win, and if we beat LSU, our win wouldn't mean as much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      Means more it does...only to horns. Not the rest of the country. But I will agree Herman does good in big games. He was awesome at Houston in big games, and did well last year. I think it will be a good game. I will be watching, wearing purple and gold, and then throwing it in the trash as soon as it's over win or lose. sorry guys, it's just better for my ags if LSU wins. If yall were playing Notre dame, USC, Michigan, or Ohio state, I'd be rooting for the horns.

Right, that's why it was one of the top 10 highest rated games last season, heck most seasons it's way up the list. It is a nationally watched game and when the implications are high, the viewership is through the roof.

But, I did mean through Texas eyes. As in they have to win it to have a chance at a conference title and potential playoff birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Two wrongs here. TX/OU is a top 3 rivalry. It is usually relevant on the national stage. So is Texas a bigger game for LSU than Bama? No. Same scenarios.

It would be better for your Ags if LSU got mud holed and went 7-5 this year. Common sense.
        Why? So when we beat them, the “experts” can say it didn’t mean anything because they’re down this year and only 7-4 when we played them.

No thanks....I’d rather every team be undefeated when we play’em.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          Why? So when we beat them, the “experts” can say it didn’t mean anything because they’re down this year and only 7-4 when we played them.

No thanks....I’d rather every team be undefeated when we play’em.
          So you can say the schedule was tough after another 7 win season?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Right, that's why it was one of the top 10 highest rated games last season, heck most seasons it's way up the list. It is a nationally watched game and when the implications are high, the viewership is through the roof.

But, I did mean through Texas eyes. As in they have to win it to have a chance at a conference title and potential playoff birth.
            "When the implications are high" that I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              So you can say the schedule was tough after another 7 win season?
              9-3 last year and yes it was a tough schedule....one of the toughest. As is this years!!

TCU fan ragging on a team who’s jock they couldn’t carry. Just worry about beating Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                That h2h record might have a thing or 2 to say about that... but that just facts
                If we go all the way back to leather helmets, I guess? The past 2 decades has been pretty lopsided I feel like. Look, I sure as **** ain't an OU fan... I just tip my cap when someone has the more successful program.

It's like comparing the Longhorn and Aggie football programs. Aggie fans should have no issues admitting Texas has had the better program? Aggies haven't won their own division (not conference...DIVISION) in 20+ years. Not even once! It's hard to get around that one.

Texas is definitely TAMUs daddy.

Comment

Both of your post were factually correct Daddy D.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    Ou is Texas recent daddy
                    Right. This is prolly the best way to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                      If we go all the way back to leather helmets, I guess? The past 2 decades has been pretty lopsided I feel like. Look, I sure as **** ain't an OU fan... I just tip my cap when someone has the more successful program.

It's like comparing the Longhorn and Aggie football programs. Aggie fans should have no issues admitting Texas has had the better program? Aggies haven't won their own division (not conference...DIVISION) in 20+ years. Not even once! It's hard to get around that one.

No comparison at all. Texas has both won and played for a national championship since OU has. Aggy has no claim like that against Texas.

Last 22 years is 12-10 OU.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-06-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post

Not anymore......it’s not like it used to be.

Comment

I'm ready to watch both games. Fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            I've seen and heard it all now.

They believe that ****...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                              Means more it does...only to horns. Not the rest of the country.

You don’t want to argue perception of “the rest of the country” as an aggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as the LSU/TX game goes... I think I am most interested in watching LSUs DL versus TX's OL. Of all the fun matchups to track, I think that's the one that matters most. People are worrying too much about the TX running back injuries. IF the holes are there, you can teach any ol' dummy to run through that sucker and get 3-4 yards. Herman REALLY likes to lean on teams with Inside Zone schemes.. he'll run it over and over again (just like Meyer did at OSU). I just don't know if that's gonna get it done against LSU? Herman will need a few wrinkles to get LSU out-leveraged, IMO. Probably run some gap schemes (Power or GT Counter) to mix it up on that LSU front. Last week he ran some nice single-wing schemes that were direct snaps to Ingram... might need to do more of that. In the bowl game versus UGA, they ran some nifty GT Counter swingpass-draws with Ehlinger...I bet some of that stuff makes an appearance again Saturday night. If/when Texas is at mid-field...I'd look for some "tricky" reverses or double passes to flip the momentum. I'd be willing to bet that both defenses are gonna be FLYING to the ball, and reverse type plays could work wonders for whoever can time it up right. Just my dumb 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X