No announcement yet.

VP racing fuel jugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Lc2 jugs that I bought at a motorcycle shop. A little more slender and taller than VP'S and they have another handle lower on the jug that makes pouring a bunch easier.
    Last edited by Walker; 09-02-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Atwoods also carries a similar jug that sells for $20 with the hose, and sometimes they go on sale for around $16. I have three of the ones from Atwoods and they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
        Same thing happened to me. Swells in the heat and weakens the seem, I guess. From now on will always leave the breather cracked.
        Makes sense.....

I used mine 3x maybe....

Comment

cans

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
          Atwoods also carries a similar jug that sells for $20 with the hose, and sometimes they go on sale for around $16. I have three of the ones from Atwoods and they are great.
          They are on sale now online.

Comment

Originally posted by hkmp5s View Post
            I had one split on a seam on the bottom once. Just a freak thing, not very common. I bought a replacement.

Me too and a neighbor too. I think it’s more common than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I use Lc2 jugs that I bought at a motorcycle shop. A little more slender and taller than VP'S and they have another handle lower on the jug that makes pouring a bunch easier.

This!

I have both VP and LC2 and LC2 is by far my preference.

With the hose bender of course!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                I got some of the new ones at bucees, the can doesn’t have the vent flap, instead there is a small tube (maybe 3/16”) , inside of the the pour tube. What am I to do with it? It’s about 28” long, I can’t get the can to vent while trying to dump to gas in my vehicle. I have positioned this tube in various locations, but none help it vent! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I hate these cans. I’m about to drill a hole and make my own vent in the handle. Let me know if any of you have the same issue and or a resolution. Thanks Bert
                Check eBay for the old yellow gas can vents. Also, at one time they sold aftermarket spouts that are similar to the VP Racing spouts.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                  Me too and a neighbor too. I think it’s more common than you think.
                  Good to know. I'll have to keep the vent cracked and watch out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                    I got some of the new ones at bucees, the can doesn’t have the vent flap, instead there is a small tube (maybe 3/16”) , inside of the the pour tube. What am I to do with it? It’s about 28” long, I can’t get the can to vent while trying to dump to gas in my vehicle. I have positioned this tube in various locations, but none help it vent! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I hate these cans. I’m about to drill a hole and make my own vent in the handle. Let me know if any of you have the same issue and or a resolution. Thanks Bert
                    Use a valve stem. Drill a hole in handle fish a wire through it to pull valve stem up through. Take core out and just use the cap to back off for vent and tighten back up when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      I've seen these & they are stout. It says right on it not to be used with gas. I'd love to have a couple of these as fuel cans so if you've used them for gas & had no issues, I'm going to buy some.
                      I’ve used them for both has and diesel. Zero issues I like them better than the VP cans I have.

Comment

Got the VP brand at Cabela's few years ago. It's made about 80 fish camp trips, gets beat up on the boat ride then sits in the sun on the sand in the elements all weekend. Any time I have to replace any of my normal gas cans I'll be picking up another VP.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will try these ideas.

Comment

ebay 4 for 99 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Eagle UI-50-FS Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can with Funnel, 5 gallon Capacity, 13.5" Height, 12.5" Diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Y75M..._wKxBDbCE3AGKA
                              I have this and it’s awesome

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                                The white ones at Atwoods are better and much cheaper. They have a 1” hose instead of 3/4 that’s on the bucees and vp cans
                                Bought 6 of the Atwood jugs. On sale for $15.99. In the specs it says that VP makes them. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X