No announcement yet.

21 to buy a hunting lic at Walmart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are they gonna make it legal to slap the stupid out of incompetent sales and service people? Is there anywhere to go to avoid them? It's everywhere in all business sectors! Called to get service for my home monitoring service, it's their policy to have a very limited speaking oriental (judging by accent) woman walk me through a notebook list of things to check, they're coming uninstall their crap btw. Went to the local DQ to get the wife and cold refreshment, they had the drive thru closed off for one of the employees to clean the driveway, during peak hours! Went Academy to get license and shells Yesterday, license went great, shells...it's still to soon to talk about it!

Comment

Clerk is probably just being cautious as she doesn’t know the laws/policy. We’ve all been there. Seems like we all try to find something that offends us.

Comment

Dumb *** working the counter...

Comment

Originally posted by TMR1970 View Post
          Dumb *** working the counter...
          A person is not a dumbass simply due to not understanding laws/policy. Try understanding the current TPWD handbook. It’s confusing as hell. B

Comment

I work at Walmart and that clerk is wrong. Get a manager over there and get their license.

Comment

Hey, he hunts for free !

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                A person is not a dumbass simply due to not understanding laws/policy. Try understanding the current TPWD handbook. It’s confusing as hell. B
                Then she should've asked someone who knows, instead of 'assuming' ... hello?
                Yep, she's just stupid.

I don't buy licenses at stores any more anyway, they think they are the sheriff's of license sales anyway in asking for SSN s and wanting you to sign the license before you leave, had enough of that crap. Neither one of those are required.
                I'll sign the stupid thing when I get good and ready, anytime before I actually use it.
                Buy them ONLINE !!!!!

Comment

When you buy one online do they just mail it to you? Are they prompt? I may go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    Yep, she's just stupid.

I don't buy licenses at stores any more anyway, they think they are the sheriff's of license sales anyway in asking for SSN s and wanting you to sign the license before you leave, had enough of that crap. Neither one of those are required.
                    I'll sign the stupid thing when I get good and ready, anytime before I actually use it.
                    Buy them ONLINE !!!!!
                    You’re most likely right. Those of us that have made mistakes are simply stupid. Online sales are the only way to go. Anything else is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      Yep, she's just stupid.

Buy them ONLINE !!!!!
                      I could explain why they do that but I will just let you keep assuming.

Comment

I buy online.
                        Easy.

Comment

Unfortunately it’s the only place in town to buy one, the next closest is 15 miles away. He went back different clerk....guess what? Hey got a license....unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                            When you buy one online do they just mail it to you? Are they prompt? I may go that way.

Yes....and they send you a receipt via immediately that covers you if you don't need tags. You can print off or take a pic of your receipt and carry it in the field where you don't need tags.

I went that way this year after it was recommended on here. I will never stand in line for a license again.

Comment

That's why I don't shop at Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                                My son was just turned away at Walmart trying to buy a hunting license at 19 years old. He was told he had to be 21 to buy one. He said she thought that that changed when they made all ammunition purchases go to 21 years of age. Has anyone heard of this and what does buying ammunition have to do with a hunting license?!He said she thought that that changed when they made all ammunition purchases go to 21 years of age. Has anyone heard of this and what does buying ammunition have to do with a hunting license?!
                                Lesson one, don't go to Walmart for anything.

Lesson two, don't go to Walmart for anything other than crazy people photos

No, that lady is misinformed.

Comment

Working...
                                X