2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Opens up there Feb. 1. I’ll be in Jonesboro.
    Hopefully y’all will kill them. There were a ton of ducks and geese around a couple weeks ago up until late this week. I think a lot of ducks went down to the lower black & the prairie since the rivers got up.

Still quite a few geese around and I bet the ones that pushed south will be back with the warmer weather. Supposed to be cool this week but warm this weekend.

Comment

Got one last crane hunt in Sunday before It wrapped up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        Hopefully y’all will kill them. There were a ton of ducks and geese around a couple weeks ago up until late this week. I think a lot of ducks went down to the lower black & the prairie since the rivers got up.

Still quite a few geese around and I bet the ones that pushed south will be back with the warmer weather. Supposed to be cool this week but warm this weekend.
        That’s what we’re hoping for. Migrators.

Comment

Hunted the 18th and 19th in Oklahoma for the last weekend of season up there. Places we hunted other trips this season were void of birds completely! Drove nearly to Kansas to find any ducks. Killed 26 in 2 days. 12 the first day with our pintails and then couldn't find much else to shoot since it was almost all pintails. Found a pond the next day covered in Mallards and pintails and we shot widgeon and gray ducks! Never saw a mallard! It's been fun easing back into the waterfowl since having kiddos. I'm not nearly as mad at them as I used to be though! Those slabs, that's another story though!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Congrats to Everyone on the last day! Me & my son had limits today to finish a great season. I put in LOTS of miles ,but was lucky to stay on birds. Already crashing from end of season blues. Will chase geese for a while then time to get the rods out again. Already waiting for early teal season!!!! I hunted all 16 days of teal season & 49 days of the regular season.
            I need your job David!

OH wait...….

Comment

Not from this year but figured I'd share this. We killed 108 white birds that morning. There are 300k homes where that hunt happened now.

We shot 112 a few days after that. Ive still got pages of hunt logs from back in the day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Not from this year but figured I'd share this. We killed 108 white birds that morning. There are 300k homes where that hunt happened now.

We shot 112 a few days after that. Ive still got pages of hunt logs from back in the day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Oh the memories!! Thanks Shane!

Comment

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

What a great season! Already preparing for next season! Did anyone get any birds they were after! Here's a video from our last few hunts!

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
                    What a great season! Already preparing for next season! Did anyone get any birds they were after! Here's a video from our last few hunts!

Got lots of birds I was after. Killed 23 different species this year. Have several at the taxidermist.

I'm already getting ready for next season also. I have clothes coming in the mail along with some decoys. Im building a diver spread to go along with my massive puddle duck spread. I may have officially lost my mind. Who would ever thought I'd own a diver spread.

You can get some smoking deals right now. I can hunt any weather no matter how cold and it's all done in clearance clothes.

Comment

I went 4 times this year and killed 11 birds. Limit one day and 1-2 the other times. Species killed were, GWT, Gadwall, Ring Neck, Merganser and one Mallard. Didn’t really put forth much effort this year. My scouting was what I could see from the road while driving to my deer blind. Still fun to get out there though.

Comment

My son got his first Pintail on the last afternoon of season.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                          Congrats to your son! Great looking bull sprig!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                            That’s a nice one! Good on you for taking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremyk View Post
                              Good hunt for the closer with a couple of old friends!

I know where this photo was taken

Comment

Cool what do you want? A cookie?^

Comment

Working...
                                X