No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guided a trip for Pipkin Ranch today. Nice bag of greenheads, mottles, GW teal, BW teal, and shovelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Up early this morn, time to load the truck, hook the boat and get on the road. Rolling out at 4:30 and hoping to have the boat in the water by 6:00

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Up early this morn, time to load the truck, hook the boat and get on the road. Rolling out at 4:30 and hoping to have the boat in the water by 6:00

Good Luck!!

Comment

Good luck to everyone today! Can’t believe it’s already the last day of the season.

Comment

We did pretty good yesterday.
            Attached Files

Comment

That's a wrap
              Another season in the books. Overall a pretty good season. Letting the wetlands rest between hunts was key since there weren't many cold fronts pushing in new birds.

Took kids out today, like we do each year. My oldest wasn't feeling good so he slept in. The others had a good time.

Scratched out 4 this morning before having to leave to get ready for an event this afternoon.

Comment

Wow! I woke up so figured I'd go. Glad I did! Shot my limit in about 15 minutes. 2 Mallards and 4 teal. Buddy came late and he shot 3 more birds.

First mallards I've killed since I think 2012.

Also people hunting a tank somewhere close to me started shooting at 6:40! [emoji54]

Heck of an last day with my aging girl. She was running around like a puppy this morning.

45 birds total this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Skunked this morning, saw maybe 100 birds in the whole bay while driving around after we packed up. Birds have definitely moved on. Was able to get on some fresh fillets though.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24605514Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3668.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	24605513

Comment

Last hunt of the year. MCDM

Comment

Great last hunt, two person limit with us finishing out the hunt with me hitting a double! Pup made some long retrieves, he has come along way since November. Out of the blind by 8:30.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Skunked this morning, saw maybe 100 birds in the whole bay while driving around after we packed up. Birds have definitely moved on. Was able to get on some fresh fillets though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[ATTACH]989424[/ATTACH][ATTACH]989423[/ATTACH]
                        This is why I need to move to the coast!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                          This is why I need to move to the coast!

Wish I would’ve just fished today, the tailing reds were heavy in the morning. Could’ve hit our limits quick. We got a one man on trout right now and thinking of calling it a day.

Comment

Wish I would’ve just fished today, the tailing reds were heavy in the morning. Could’ve hit our limits quick. We got a one man on trout right now and thinking of calling it a day.

I'm so jealous! I HAVE GOT to find a coaching job down there.

Comment

Looking forward to 20/21

Comment

Zeroed today. Sat there watching a raft of 500 birds. They never went to feed and none came and joined them from feeding. They would jump, fly 300, 400 yards over more open water then land. Hang out for half an hour or so, then jump up and fly back over to the main raft and join them.

A little frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                X