No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...had some buddies come down to the coast this weekend for an annual duck hunt.

Got halfway out the canals on Saturday morning and the water pump went out. Back to the boat ramp quickly. Dropped boat off at the mechanic.

Neighbors swings by around 11am and asks how we did that morning. Told them about the boat debacle. They then offered up their boat to use for the afternoon and morning hunt. They saved the weekend for us.

We ended up shooting 9 before the front rolled through. Then this morning bagged 9 again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	24605171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24605170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a nice hunt Friday. Shot a 5 man limit and got me a canvasback for the wall.

Name:	duck 1.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24605197

Name:	duck 2.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	24605198

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        It’s been a pretty good season for us. Im further north, but my BIL has a camp at Holly Grove which is close to where you’re talking and they’ve been doing pretty good.

I’m actually going to hunt with a friend around Carlisle tomorrow and Tuesday, so we’ll see what it looks like.

Cant complain much about the weather and water conditions, right now. Looks like we’re going to lock up tomorrow night but it shouldn’t last long enough to matter. Back up to 38 on Wednesday, so should thaw out.
        He was hoping for some new birds to show up with the weather so I am waiting to hear from him. Their club has timber and fields so unless its been shot up the birds should be there.

First year in a while I havent made the drive up and its killing me. Usually hunt public with some other buddies that have a house in Devalls Bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          Had a nice hunt Friday. Shot a 5 man limit and got me a canvasback for the wall.

[ATTACH]988673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]988674[/ATTACH]
          ****!!! What part of the world? I need to come hunt with you. My dog ate my pintail mount during a move, and I have not been able to kill a big one since then. I also need a can bad! I have been on two hunts with buddies that were killing them, but apparently I am a bad luck charm.

Nice haul man! I am jealous!

Comment

Nice shoot MarkV! I'd love to be in on a strap like that too! Congrats!! Nice Canvasback! I had an incident similar to C&B, except my old dog at my Canvasback mount. Still the only one I ever killed Congrats everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              ****!!! What part of the world? I need to come hunt with you. My dog ate my pintail mount during a move, and I have not been able to kill a big one since then. I also need a can bad! I have been on two hunts with buddies that were killing them, but apparently I am a bad luck charm.

Nice haul man! I am jealous!
              Central Tx, Just a little south of Waco. The bad thing was we had a pintail that was working but was solo and circled us a bunch but never got close enough that had a huge sprig.

Originally posted by tadmaryperry View Post
              Nice shoot MarkV! I'd love to be in on a strap like that too! Congrats!! Nice Canvasback! I had an incident similar to C&B, except my old dog at my Canvasback mount. Still the only one I ever killed Congrats everyone.
              Thanks. This is the second one I have killed. And have regretted not getting the first one mounted so I wasn't passing on that opportunity again.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                How the snow goose numbers looking for NE Ark? I’m counting the days down. Nothing like shooting decoying snow geese.
                Stupid number, from what I’ve seen last few days.

I’m further south this morning and there were quite a few flying. Really hard to gauge numbers unless you’re driving a bunch but I’d say there’s a good amount.

There were enough specks flying this morning that we killed a 5 man on a wood line that they wouldn’t even come near, just that many low flyers.

Comment

2 man limit this AM . Gonna be hitting it every morning before the close Sunday.

Comment

Another good shoot this morning with the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                      Another good shoot this morning with the boys.

Man I’d love to shoot a fully Plumed blue wing. Awesome shoot!

Comment

Meat szn
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats razrbk!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Congrats razrbk!!
                            Thanks. We’ve had a good time the last few days. Conditions were good and the ducks were finishing really good for this time of year.

Went to a friends, yesterday. Went to look at his rest area at dark and I was surprised at how many came in, and that takes a lot! Probably 2k ducks coming into a 60 in about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                              Man I’d love to shoot a fully Plumed blue wing. Awesome shoot!

Sweet looking hunt for sure. Late season birds are awesome.

Comment

Went out yesterday and it sucked!!!!

Shot 3 birds and only shot at 5 total. Maybe saw 35-40 in the air total.

Comment

Working...
                                X