No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up being a pretty good first split up here. I was worried when we froze over a few days before season, but they came back and we got some little pushes to keep the shooting good. Finally figured out how to shoot a few specks every day, which is a nice bonus.

I’m looking forward to hunting the woods for a few hunts when the second split opens. In state only for the second split and it will make a huge difference.

Time to eat!
    Attached Files

Comment

Ended the first split on a positive note. Me & my son had limits last 2 hunts. I made 18 hunts for a 5 bird per hunt average. Lots of hwy miles to keep on some. Gonna be a tough 2nd half if birds don't move around some. Last week or so definitely getting harder to stay on any kind of decent numbers. Saw my 1st ducks on ponds out toward San Saba this past week,so should be picking up from now on out that way if you have some good ponds on your place.

Comment

Congrats giggem on a great hunt for the last day.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Ended up being a pretty good first split up here. I was worried when we froze over a few days before season, but they came back and we got some little pushes to keep the shooting good. Finally figured out how to shoot a few specks every day, which is a nice bonus.

I’m looking forward to hunting the woods for a few hunts when the second split opens. In state only for the second split and it will make a huge difference.

Time to eat!
          Looks delicious!!! Leaving for Kansas next weekend and hope to return with bags like these!!!

Comment

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Went out Friday morning, only my second time to duck hunt and the first we didn’t have any ducks come into our spread. Not many birds this hunt but the three of us managed to shoot one bird each. Heck of a lot of fun and which now has me conflicted, each trip to the lease am I duck hunting or deer hunting?

The most surprising for me was how quickly they appear and land, definitely need to be on your toes.

I wish I could claim the drake but, a buddy shot him. Gorgeous ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by chongo; 12-01-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Ended up being a really good first spilt for us. We have limited almost every time, The past few hunts we killed right at 100 birds. Ended today with a 5 man, which put us over 200 birds for the first spilt. Killing ALOT of gadwalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                I know me and my pup are ready!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                nice pic

Comment

We closed it out on a pretty slow hunt on sunday, 10 ducks. There just weren't any birds flying at all.

Overall the first split was great. We killed 437 ducks during the first split by our little group all on public waters. (First split only not including teal season) We just beat our record for the first split by 4 birds or so since we have kept records. It did seem to be really slow at times though.

I killed 21 different species and added another band to the lanyard. So no complaints from me at all.

Cant wait for the second split. We have several trips planned so I'm pumped about that. Local hunting is fun but I always enjoy a change of scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Congrats giggem on a great hunt for the last day.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                      We closed it out on a pretty slow hunt on sunday, 10 ducks. There just weren't any birds flying at all.

Overall the first split was great. We killed 437 ducks during the first split by our little group all on public waters. (First split only not including teal season) We just beat our record for the first split by 4 birds or so since we have kept records. It did seem to be really slow at times though.

I killed 21 different species and added another band to the lanyard. So no complaints from me at all.

Cant wait for the second split. We have several trips planned so I'm pumped about that. Local hunting is fun but I always enjoy a change of scenery.
                      CONGRATS on a great 1st split!! To stay on them on public is an accomplishment! Good Luck on the rest of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

Dang, 437 is something to be proud of. And on public land on top of that!

Comment

Couple pictures from the first split. It’s been a pretty dang good year so far, I’ve already killed more birds this year than I did all of last year. Need some colder weather and a good rain shower or two.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                            Couple pictures from the first split. It’s been a pretty dang good year so far, I’ve already killed more birds this year than I did all of last year. Need some colder weather and a good rain shower or two.
                            What part of the world? So many I have talked to have talked about how terrible it is this season.

Comment

Hey, i posted in the SW thread as well.

Do any of y'all duck hunt west bay? I have some questions, pm is fine if you don't want to post public info.

Looking to go down over xmas break.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                                What part of the world? So many I have talked to have talked about how terrible it is this season.
                                All central Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X