Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24600173
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3157.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24600174
    Took some old decoys that weren’t being used and turned them into divers, well see how they work the next tine out on the bay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slow again for us. Weather killed us for duck movement. Ended up with 1 apiece. Gonna go give it another go in the morning & Tues, then head to the ranch for some relaxation, while momma chases deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        [ATTACH]981570[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]981571[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]981572[/ATTACH]
        Took some old decoys that weren’t being used and turned them into divers, well see how they work the next tine out on the bay!!

Those will work Great! Killed plenty of ducks with white bleach bottles painted black & white when I was a broke kid.

Comment

Skunked again today on the brazos.

After day one I thought we were going to have a good year. Looks to continue trending downward even more just like every year the last 5 years.

Went from 100+ a year, down to 50's, to 40's. Shot 23 last year and I hunted probably 25 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m going to try it Wed when the next front comes through. Any sort of North wind is best for our big water. I’ve heard duck hunters fri sat and sun but it sounds like about 30 min after first light and it’s over. Guessing just local birds that will be decoy shy after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Skunked again today on the brazos.

After day one I thought we were going to have a good year. Looks to continue trending downward even more just like every year the last 5 years.

Went from 100+ a year, down to 50's, to 40's. Shot 23 last year and I hunted probably 25 days.

Where you hunting on the brazos?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Where you hunting on the brazos?
                One spot below whitney, another near marlin.

Went and looked at putting the boat in at the launch off 7 but not sure about navigating. Looks super sketchy right where the launch is.

Comment

Had a good hunt this morning on the coast. Got a limit of gads & wigeon. Gonna try one more morning then take Momma to the ranch to deer hunt. Come back Sat & finish out the 1st split on Sun. Other than a couple of recent hunts it has been a good 1st split. Lots, & I mean lots of miles though to stay on some.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Had a good hunt this morning on the coast. Got a limit of gads & wigeon. Gonna try one more morning then take Momma to the ranch to deer hunt. Come back Sat & finish out the 1st split on Sun. Other than a couple of recent hunts it has been a good 1st split. Lots, & I mean lots of miles though to stay on some.
                    You are living your best life David!

I'm gonna hunt at my place on Wednesday with the front blowing in....hopefully have a few divers.

Comment

Thanks Steve & Good Luck!!

I have to say retirement is Great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                        I had planned on it but when I got up to him the other side was destroyed. Hopefully get another one just as big as him. The one I shot the next day was nowhere near as good as this guy.

Talk to your taxidermist and show him the bird next time. Depending how you are going to mount the bird it might not matter. Also if the wing or wings are toast you can always use the wings of another pintail.

Didnt you just start hunting waterfowl last year? If so you are doing really well, stay after them.

If not, sorry I must have you confused with another member.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Nice. Good luck on the deer and a strong finish to the 1st split. I'm chomping at the bit to get back out.

We have done really well number wise also. When you are spoiled rotten it's easy to get disappointed when you string together some slow hunts.

If the second split is really strong we could potentially be flirting with a record season. We have had to chase the birds too. But it is always good to have a change of scenery, and makes it that much sweeter when you slam them after you had to work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                            Nice. Good luck on the deer and a strong finish to the 1st split. I'm chomping at the bit to get back out.

We have done really well number wise also. When you are spoiled rotten it's easy to get disappointed when you string together some slow hunts.

If the second split is really strong we could potentially be flirting with a record season. We have had to chase the birds too. But it is always good to have a change of scenery, and makes it that much sweeter when you slam them after you had to work for them.
                            So true. It is rewarding to see it all come together. When I was young, limits were what drove me. Now it is the whole experience more than a pile of birds. I will say I hate a candybar. Lol! What we call a zero hunt, after the zero candybar. Like me and my son say now, sometimes the birds got to win too. I just Thank the lord for every day he gives me to go.
                            Good Luck to y'all the rest of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              Talk to your taxidermist and show him the bird next time. Depending how you are going to mount the bird it might not matter. Also if the wing or wings are toast you can always use the wings of another pintail.

Didnt you just start hunting waterfowl last year? If so you are doing really well, stay after them.

If not, sorry I must have you confused with another member.

Yes sir, last year was my first year and it was not the best year. Hardly shot any birds last year. This year I’ve got new spots to hunt and plan to go to the coast a lot more so it’s fixing to be a good year.

Comment

Had a good hunt Saturday afternoon. Had to take a break from Laguna for an afternoon and go kill something. The duck killing turned my luck around and got a doe the next morning!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X