2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
    Any good guides up in the conroe/ lake Livingston areas?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    MiniX on here is a guide I think on a place near eagle lake that slaughters.

I'm sure we have quite a few guides here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Struck out this weekend. No idea where the birds are. Figured this cold would have them down.

Hunted a big tank near Axtell saturday and shot one spoonie. Brazos below whitney today and never saw a bird. Only heard 3 shots all morning.

Did do pretty good on squirrels. Forgot how fun that is. I need to get some more squirrel spots.

Saw more deer duck hunting this weekend than ducks. Unfortunately not allowed to take deer on these places.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        Any good guides up in the conroe/ lake Livingston areas?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been out of the duck hunting game for a while. Have a handful of old decoys and calls that I'm sure I could scare some birds with. If anyone needs a hunting partner with a boat I'd love to join you. I have a couple 16' flat bottoms. No mud motors, but can run pretty shallow with either the 35hp or the 50hp outboards. I'm located in Pearland, but willing to travel.

-Brandon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much flying in North of Dallas on Saturday and Sunday

Comment

I was excited before the season. Thought with the hard freezes we'd have a better season.

So far I'm thinking it will be just like the last 5 seasons. Complete hit or miss depending on where you are.

And if you're up north in flooded corn, you've got it made.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Nope short stopping is fake. No influence on migration what’s so ever

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                I've been out of the duck hunting game for a while. Have a handful of old decoys and calls that I'm sure I could scare some birds with. If anyone needs a hunting partner with a boat I'd love to join you. I have a couple 16' flat bottoms. No mud motors, but can run pretty shallow with either the 35hp or the 50hp outboards. I'm located in Pearland, but willing to travel.

-Brandon

Trying to get a group of 5 together for a guided duck Hunt in Winnie if ya wanna join

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                  Trying to get a group of 5 together for a guided duck Hunt in Winnie if ya wanna join

Definitely interested. I'll PM you my contact info.

Comment

Had a good weekend on the coast. Killed 18 between 4 people Saturday morning, and me and a buddy killed 12 on Sunday. My old dog was worn smooth out! Not sure how much longer he will be able to hunt back to back days.

Comment

Me and a buddy got it done in short order on Saturday morning at my place in Ellis County.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                        Me and a buddy got it done in short order on Saturday morning at my place in Ellis County.

Awesome hunt sir

Comment

Very nice bag sir! You're dog does look worn out! But there's nothing better than a hunt with a good dog!

Comment

Had an odd hunt today. 2 scoters and a goldeneye hen on the upper coast. Also had a hooded merganser wit the typical gadwall and teal. It's so strange that we have killed scoters the last several years.

One of the guys I took hunting today, lucked out and him and a buddy got plumed out drakes last year. They are patiently waiting for them to be finished.

Hunting has still been good but there are definitely some slow days mixed in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              Had an odd hunt today. 2 scoters and a goldeneye hen on the upper coast. Also had a hooded merganser wit the typical gadwall and teal. It's so strange that we have killed scoters the last several years.

One of the guys I took hunting today, lucked out and him and a buddy got plumed out drakes last year. They are patiently waiting for them to be finished.

Hunting has still been good but there are definitely some slow days mixed in there.
                              Congrats on the hunt. Always nice to get uncommon birds! Got an oldsquaw a few years back. we have been staying on birds, but some days you better have your AAA game on hitting for limits.

Comment

Hunted in the Navasota River bottom for the first 0 bird hunt of the season this morning. We whiffed on a group of grey ducks that snuck up on us and that was all she wrote. Not many birds were flying this AM

Comment

Working...
                                X