African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
    I would agree, but I shot a Red Duiker with my bow that will be in the top 10 in the world. I would like that one back, but I don’t want it back badly enough to trust him to do the right thing with my money.
    I totally agree that the guy scammed you, was not honest about anything, and the accommodations were dirt, but if I shot ANYTHING that was the TOP 10 in the world, then to me that's a hunt of a lifetime and worth a LOT to get my trophy back..... just saying.....

Comment

Don’t pay and stop communication.

Comment

Correct. Only he is the apparent “owner” of the operation not a broker. I don’t understand what leg he thinks he has to stand on in the situation. He just sent me a text telling me that he is no longer responsible for the condition of our animal.... basically implying good luck getting them back.
        Is it possible he's in cahoots w/ the CraigsList scammer that owes you a trolling motor? Another assignment for Big Red?

Comment

Oh man I hope you have everything in writing...

Comment

Get in touch with SCI and the Dallas Safari Club and report this guy. They may be able to offer suggestions and put pressure on him. If they black ball him he is done. They will work with the African Professional Hunter Association w and he will he out of business.

Comment

I would agree, but I shot a Red Duiker with my bow that will be in the top 10 in the world. I would like that one back, but I don’t want it back badly enough to trust him to do the right thing with my money.
              Is that your group on his FB page.. "The Boys from Texas" pics?

Comment

I would attempt to deal directly with the PH you had in Africa. Chances are he can do more for you on his side. So sorry that you had a bad trip as hunting in Africa is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  Is it possible he's in cahoots w/ the CraigsList scammer that owes you a trolling motor? Another assignment for Big Red?
                  Man I’m telling you! I know how to pick em!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                    I wouldnt pay anything, you didnt get what you agreed upon why would you owe him a thing? Chalk the animals as a loss and move on. Seems like you should be the one looking to recoup loss from him!
                    Couldn't agree more!

Comment

I am honestly shocked that he did not make you pay in full before you departed Africa. That is kind of strange to me from what I know and what I experienced in Africa when we went.

In my opinion I do not think that he will sue just for the fact if he was really serious he would’ve already had a lawyer write a certified letter to you.

I would contact the Dallas Safari club and from there I would contact your PH and find out where your animals are.

I personally would let him take you to court and if he doesn’t I would take him to court. For the amount of money at stake and the animals at stake, I would make sure that my “investment “ would be protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You could always post his number and email on here LOL that ought to get his attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like he committed fraud in Texas and possibly mail fraud.A call the State Attoney General may be in order.

DJ

Comment

Pay him for agreed upon prices then if he doesn’t get you your animals sue him. Also blast his company so no one else buys his crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I believe a successful suit involving the Deceptive Trade Practices Act in Texas can generate judgments up to 3 times damages. This seems to fit in that category. I'd get that ball rolling sooner rather than later.

It's that or walk away. I'm guessing he doesn't have much control over your animals at this point, or he would have told you they won't ship, not that they'll be damaged.

Comment

African business and American law is like trying to mix oil and water.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I always thought Lammie was a straight-up guy till I read this post.

Comment

Working...
                                X