African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Was there even a solution at that point? If the PH couldn't fix the issues then what could Laramie have done from Texas?

He flew to Africa. He had zero leg to stand on at that point. They obviously didn't have better housing. He had 2 7 off suit with his cards face up. He can't bluff at that point.

Looking at Laramies reply he would not have charged in there and fixed anything anyhow even if he could.

BTW - The half off the wounded animals was Cody's way to be compensated for the lack of proper housing without hurting the PH or Laramie. It was not intended to pay for his trip. Which sounds more than reasonable to me.

Would you rather him pay for the wounded animals and then demand a big rebate or discount for bad housing?
    I would have let my unhappiness be known upon arrival. I would have also pulled Lammie aside as soon as I saw him and let him know exactly what was unacceptable and ask him how could we make this right. Not expressing your feelings and thinking you could make it work after the fact is not correct. Cody might have tried to work a deal out while in SA and Lammie said get bent. If so then I agree bring the discussion back to the US. Per Lammies spread sheet all he has been paid is $2000 of the $6800 he is owed. Is that correct? I dont know what Cody thinks he is owed as he wont say. I own a construction business and have had people let me finish a project, clean up leave and send the invoice a week later only to have them tell me they really didnt like the grain of wood floors and wouldn't pay until fixed. Yet they watch a trade work for two weeks everyday without saying a word about their displeasure. I can only assume we are on the same page if I am not getting negative feedback.

To Cody's point of being in another country. That's BS. I've been all over the World and in some bad areas. I pay good money to go and expect what I pay for. I would absolutely let someone know of my displeasure. I would not start a riot but there is a proper way to tell someone you feel you have been shorted. If feel like I am defending Lammie and I am not. I do believe he had his faults in this transaction. I think yall both should agree you each should have done things differently, pay him what you think is owed and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      I would have let my unhappiness be known upon arrival. I would have also pulled Lammie aside as soon as I saw him and let him know exactly what was unacceptable and ask him how could we make this right. Not expressing your feelings and thinking you could make it work after the fact is not correct. Cody might have tried to work a deal out while in SA and Lammie said get bent. If so then I agree bring the discussion back to the US. Per Lammies spread sheet all he has been paid is $2000 of the $6800 he is owed. Is that correct? I dont know what Cody thinks he is owed as he wont say. I own a construction business and have had people let me finish a project, clean up leave and send the invoice a week later only to have them tell me they really didnt like the grain of wood floors and wouldn't pay until fixed. Yet they watch a trade work for two weeks everyday without saying a word about their displeasure. I can only assume we are on the same page if I am not getting negative feedback.

To Cody's point of being in another country. That's BS. I've been all over the World and in some bad areas. I pay good money to go and expect what I pay for. I would absolutely let someone know of my displeasure. I would not start a riot but there is a proper way to tell someone you feel you have been shorted. If feel like I am defending Lammie and I am not. I do believe he had his faults in this transaction. I think yall both should agree you each should have done things differently, pay him what you think is owed and move on.
      I agree with with you are saying and I see it all the time (I too own a construction company) but this is a completely different situation.

Comment

Anyone could call BS on the Op saying they were outta the country etc., but if this was their first go around dealing with a hunt on foreign soil; I'm no one to judge their mindset at the time. IMO, the Op's group was a Little too passive while in SA, considering All the mis-haps, quotes, and expectations. The outfitter was flawed, too. He should have been up-front and made some sort of effort to reconcile instead of taking on the defensive position, first; Unless there is more to the story. I'm sorry this happened and it makes me more leery about booking a reputable outfitter when I book my dream hunt one day.
        I'll ask as others did, and you could say it's none of our business, but you've shared this much information, so..., what's the difference in $$$$ between you (OP) and said outfitter?
        Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 09-05-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Guys I guarentee you he's not going to put a dollar amount on this thread being in discussions with a lawyer regarding this. C'mon now...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
            Guys I guarentee you he's not going to put a dollar amount on this thread being in discussions with a lawyer regarding this. C'mon now...

Smarter than most aggies!

Comment

Besides...Just read the thread and figure it out LOL

I'd like to hear Lammies reply to the money back guarantee.. And to the housing situation.

Comment

This.

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                So, Lammie lives in Texas and is an African hunt broker that sold you a hunt that included a certain animal package, at an agreed upon price that actually did not exist? And furthermore miss-represented lodging via photos in a message that can be displayed?

And....he is threating to file suit against you for breach of contract/payment?????

Rwc
                This right here makes me think there is holes in your story, based on your story you were screwed hard and deserve retribution,

Comment

If its pennies on the dollar why spend 1,000s of dollars on attorneys fees? I'm guessing he owes the $4,800 that the outfitter is claiming. I dont go to a restaurant have a horrible food and service and not pay my bill. I pay and never go back. I would never completely eat the meal, lick my plate and then go complain and say I'm not paying the bill due.

Comment

Sorry for the very unfortunate situation. If you are to the point of getting lawyers involved, the only recommendation I have is to be the first one to file.

Comment

I see where some were hesitant to believe the OP about some of his story because they didn’t pay their tab before they left SA, but if you look at Lammie’s website it clearly states that that balance is due after hunt and once hunter is back in the US.

And this says it all right here. Straight from the horses mouth.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If its pennies on the dollar why spend 1,000s of dollars on attorneys fees? I'm guessing he owes the $4,800 that the outfitter is claiming. I dont go to a restaurant have a horrible food and service and not pay my bill. I pay and never go back. I would never completely eat the meal, lick my plate and then go complain and say I'm not paying the bill due.
                        I wouldn't say this is exactly the same. It is more like, you ordered the $15 steak, but once they brought it they said it was now $20 and it was your only choice. Steak was good, you were hungry, you ate it, but did you get what you ordered at the price you ordered it? It was also supposed to be a 5 star restaurant, but you had a paper plate and plastic knife and fork.

To be fair to the OP, he never said he wasn't paying for the "meal". He simply said he wants to pay the originally agreed upon price, the $15 steak.

Comment

So for this situation, the animal would be your meal and Lammie is the waiter. If the waiter does a ****ty job, I bet you don't tip them the full amount.

Way it sounds to me. The OPs first text explained the differences in what they were told versus what was actually there and asked Lammie to consider some sort of a discount. Lammie went straight to being a **** when a small discount could of made everyone happy. Seems reasonable to me to take something off the price from the situation.

If this was my first trip to Africa, I'm not raising hell as soon as I step into camp and risk having a week full of drama during my hunt/vacation, which it appears it would have been. Especially when the travel cost is a great portion of the fee.

Comment

What if you got a meal and they told you it was $10 but then they charged you $15 after you ate it? They didn't know the other chef would prepare it and he charges more.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                              I wouldn't say this is exactly the same. It is more like, you ordered the $15 steak, but once they brought it they said it was now $20 and it was your only choice. Steak was good, you were hungry, you ate it, but did you get what you ordered at the price you ordered it? It was also supposed to be a 5 star restaurant, but you had a paper plate and plastic knife and fork.

To be fair to the OP, he never said he wasn't paying for the "meal". He simply said he wants to pay the originally agreed upon price, the $15 steak.
                              Plus you're in a place where if you refuse you may not be able to eat at all (at that point). And you already gave a deposit of $7 for the steak ahead of time

Comment

It would **** me off that the guy is using your hunt to market his business. Specifically using your animals that he is being really weird about.

As far as not raising hell over there. Do people really think you need to point out the differences in the pictures to see that there is more than a slight difference in the 2? Yall do see how things progressed once Cody played that card.

Comment

Working...
                                X