No announcement yet.

Abilene dove numbers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 weeks ago I saw 5 dove on the power lines alongside the gravel road to our lease about 45 minutes southwest of Abilene.

You can go ahead and send the "Most Useless Information" award over to my house.

Comment

I haven't been out in the country recently, but there's a lot of birds around the edges of town. Lots of whitewings though, as always. Hard to judge from that what it will be like 5 miles or more away from town.

Comment

Not abilene... But Johnson county saw a large uptick Tuesday evening, but im worried they are moving back north

Comment

That's why we started hunting closer to town!

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
            Arrington I saw 3 birds @ Kroger on ridge rd last night :^)
            I probably could have got a limit sitting in traffic

Comment

Report from my neighbor between Sweetwater and Roby was “ I haven’t seen no birds”

This man covers a lot of crop land in that area and that’s what I expected just after a cool front

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                the rancher on our lease south of Albany said it moved a ton of birds down. said he wasn't seeing many birds recently than pulled onto the place this AM and doves were everywhere around the barns. better report than i usually get when checking in with him!
                Good to hear...We'll be around the area Sunday and Monday with the kids. Smoked em last year so hoping it's the same number or better.

Comment

Were getting spotty reports. No consistency on birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im hunting south of Abilene this weekend, historically i've seen tons of birds until opening weekend but isn't that how it always goes?

Comment

I have been seeing more in the area as of late.

Comment

Will be in the upper 90s for the next few weeks, wouldnt expect much .

Comment

What’s the update

Comment

Ballinger was pretty scarce this morning

Comment

Il b in Haskell this afternoon. Il try to report back

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                                Il b in Haskell this afternoon. Il try to report back
                                Pretty slow in Haskell so far. Son and I got 7 this morning. Wasn't much flying.

Comment

Working...
                                X