Deer jerkey diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
    I'm reading a book that was written in 1900 about the early settlers of Texas and Indian fighters, and there are several stories where they mention eating Jerky and dipping it in honey.
    I guess back then there were a lot of bee's and honey was plentiful while tromping through the countryside.
    Texas had a lot of black bears also roaming the hill country of central Texas.
    Just depends on when Spanish introduced them. East coast had them in 1600’s but west coast didn’t until mid to late 1800’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
      I'm reading a book that was written in 1900 about the early settlers of Texas and Indian fighters, and there are several stories where they mention eating Jerky and dipping it in honey.
      I guess back then there were a lot of bee's and honey was plentiful while tromping through the countryside.
      Texas had a lot of black bears also roaming the hill country of central Texas.
      Honey is magic stuff!

You can do pretty dang well with meat and honey, or make pemmican with the deer jerky and some beef tallow.

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
        After 7 days of no movement warrington begins to pray to the almighty for the ability to once again take a dump.
        Ok this is funny!

Comment

Even doing an entire deer in jerky the yield is low, and the sodium level is way to high for my diet.

Comment

Working...
          X