Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who pulls their kids out of school to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've picked my son up early from school in order to make the Friday evening hunt a few times.

Comment

Absolutely,as long as he is doing ok in school. School is important but hunting is inportanter! LOL

I usually just check him out early on Fridays after 10 am so he gets counted present for the day, he is big on getting perfect attendance every year. He is usually wearing camo those days and the teachers and staff know we are headed hunting and we get lots of good lucks and high fives.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
        Me!

My 9 year old daughter is headed back to Canada again this year with my wife for her archery moose hunt.
        (Wife, Daughter, and MIL all up there.)

I will be in WY elk hunting.
        Legit

My son is not old enough yet but I absolutely will...

Comment

I take my boy out of school to hunt all the time. As long as his grades are good I'll keep doing it.

Comment

I do. We homeschool so it’s a lot easier but I see it as an important learning subject that I can teach my kids and give my wife a break.

Growing up my parents would get us out of school after lunch and we would head to the ranch. Beat traffic and start the wknd early. Not once were we considered absent since we attended more than half the day.

Comment

My daughter hunted a lot with me from 8 years old to finishing college. I let her skip classes to hunt anytime she wanted. She always made sure she was diligent about making her school work up if needed. She is working in Florida now and I am trying to talk her into skipping work to hunt this fall

Comment

My lease is only an hour away from the house so it's not a big deal to drive in on a Saturday morning.

Comment

I'll take my son out of school to go hunting. Sometimes I'll let him miss a Friday and/or Monday. Sometimes I'll take him out at lunchtime on Friday. Just depends on what we're hunting and where we are hunting at he might miss more but not usually.

My daughter has more school commitments (cheerleading, basketball etc.) So she doesn't get to miss much.

I feel like my kiddos get a lot out of spending time in the woods with me. They will remember those hunts a lot more than a day or two of school that they missed.

Comment

I usually pull them out around lunch on Friday so we can get to the Cabin by dark or maybe get an evening hunt .. live @ 150 miles away from my property.

Comment

My son is not near the age yet, but you bet I will when he gets old enough!! Can’t wait for the day.

Comment

My old man did, i also did was doing fine in school lol

Comment

When I was growing up my dad picked up my brother and I every Thursday at 2 pm to go fishing if the weather permitted. It chapped the principal’s tail. I would not trade those times for anything now. We both learned very valuable lessons about how to be a man during these fishing trips. I wish his health would let me return the favor now.

Comment

I'll pull my son out for the Friday before the archery and general openers. Only other time would be if a special hunt came up.

Comment

Take mine out all the time as Long as grades are good, don’t need any overachiever with perfect attendance.

Comment

Drove both my kids to school on their first day..... Same statement to both....."here's how this school deal works..... You make straight A's you get perks..... Rewards.... You make bad grades you get punished"..... Both made fantastic grades...... Both my son and my daughter have hunted with me many, many times..... My son's been to many Masters with me..... Both have tagged along with me on biz trips all over the place....."perks"
                                Last edited by Slicefixer; 08-26-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X