Originally posted by ClayW View Post
    Yep

And towards Canyon Lake and Nee Braunfels
    Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
      Typical sit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      If you want to remove a few axis, I guess I could help...

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
        Used to have a nice herd around my place in Kempner but rancher near us started trapping and selling so they aren't around as much anymore. Got my first buck on camera in a long time about 2 months ago.
        We are in kempner see a few every year

Comment

We have them in Concho county around Eden and llano county around Kingsland, beautiful animals.

Comment

I’ve seen trail camera photos of axis as far west as McCamey. I’m sure they don’t venture far from the Pecos River in that country. Have heard of free ranging as Far East as Seguin area. Good population of them around possum kingdom lake as well. That’s as far north as I’ve heard them ranging. They are quite susceptible to cold weather related mortality which will limit northern expansion of the range.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
              Anyone wants to get rid of some of those pesky suckers, shoot me a pm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              No kiddin, huh?lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How consistently are axis being seen in central Kendall County? I’m intrigued by some of the hunting-allowed developments along the Guadalupe but don’t want to live where there’s no halfway reliable population of axis. I can hunt whitetails in 100 other places.

Comment

Probably ten a year are killed in the curve on Highway 277 at Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by wthunter View Post
                    How consistently are axis being seen in central Kendall County? I’m intrigued by some of the hunting-allowed developments along the Guadalupe but don’t want to live where there’s no halfway reliable population of axis. I can hunt whitetails in 100 other places.
                    Central Kendall county would put you around sisterdale. There are 1-2 there five or take (there are metric crap tons)

Hunting developments? Is that like the ranchetts our west where everyone buys in expecting to have a hunting hot bed and then realize in a few years the other 45 people buying around though the same thing and the critters are shot out?

Comment

I hunt in Ozona. Haven’t seen any out there yet but you see road kill as far as 10-15 mi west of Sonora. I’d love to see them make it out to our place but I think the recent anthrax outbreak might have slowed that down by several years.

A decent axis is a life goal of mine.

Comment

Free roamers all over but most will be concentrated along waterways.

Speck pretty much nailed it but I would say let the Southern boundary of his map drift a tad more south. I have a buddy that owns 1500 acres between Bandera and Hondo (south of his line) and he is covered up with them. Same thing around the Concan area...soooo, yeah, a little further South.

I know we A TON of them on the lease in Comfort

Comment

Originally posted by wthunter View Post

My lease is in Comfort and is a place consisting of 1300+ acres about 2 miles above the Guadalupe ……..WE ARE COVERED in axis. I saw just as many of them as I did whitetail this past season and killed 3 of them. Our rancher says Texas made a mistake letting folks bring in all these exotics, kill all you see no matter the species!! I did not argue his logic, I just replied "roger that....I have a lot of boo-lets and know where they sale more of em"

Comment

Axis Deer Range in Texas

There are hundreds and hundreds in the fields between Stonewall and Fredericksburg.

There is a free range heard as Far east as Buda as well.

As much as I would like to have some on our lease, I am careful what I ask for. My brother in law had them move in on him around 5 years ago in Stonewall, and he sees no more mature whitetails ever. The axis ran them all off.
                            There is just something about the uniqueness of every whitetail buck and the difficulty of outsmarting and old buck that I wouldn’t want to give up.
                            The perfect scenario for me would be to have a heard that filters through every once in awhile to offer some kill opportunity, but not reside there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by 44mAG; 02-06-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Typical sit.

Wow. That is more activity than I have seen in the last 5 years of hunting combined in one sit. Nice spot!

Comment

We have them, tend to stay in the valleys and rarely go up in the hills but like others have said they do keep the whitetail away.

Comment

Working...
                                X