Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Ken!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm sitting here watching the hillside, hoping the decoy will help today. Lord knows the wind isn't. Will update later.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Keep the pics coming, including the pic of the elk you get

Comment

Good Luck!

You and Bill are going to push me over the edge on making a stupid decision if y'all keep posting pics.

Comment

Beautiful country!

Comment

So, we got pounded with a winter storm 2 weekends ago and I realized I'm not set up for hunting in the mountains in the winter, yet. Did go out Monday (4 10's with Mondays off), but nothing was moving.

Went to my normal spot Saturday and there were a ton of new vehicle tracks going in. I can only assume they were surveying the road for the upcoming logging. Got back in about 3 1/2 miles and the weather turned to crap. Blowing and snowing bad enough you couldn't hear anything. Worked my way out, and it never let up. Headed home to thaw out and regroup. Ended up staying home Saturday and making a plan to go up behind the house Sunday. Well, best laid plans and all, Sunday morning ended up a bust. Talked Momma into taking a drive up in the hills. Happened along some mule deer does that didn't realize they were on the menu. [emoji23] One is now in the cooler and we had fresh tenderloins for breakfast.

Got a couple more weeks of archery, then it's rifle season. Hoping to get it done with the stick and string.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for the late update. The weather here has not been cooperating. I don't have an issue with snow or cold, but blizzard conditions in the mountains are not to be tackled alone. I have yet to find a serious hunting partner, so I am solo hunting 98% of the time.

I am taking a break from Montana to head to Illinois for a hunt with my dad and brother. Dad had a minor stroke 2 weekends ago, but it hasn't slowed him down much and we are hoping to get him a good buck.

I'll update on the elk when I get back.

Comment

in for updates! awesome TC pics! better keep an eye out those kitties can be ruthless

Comment

Thank you for sharing all of the great pics, please keep them coming. Good luck in Illinois.

Comment

Hang in. Good luck on your hunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X