Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting Exotics on high fenced game ranches. Is it really hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread cracks me up. A mix of pride, hating, appreciation and jealousy going on.

At the end of the day, if you are loosing sleep because you are OR are not hunting a HF then try to change it so you can sleep at night. If you sleep like a baby, then you are doing it the right way for you.

J

Comment

I just clicked on the last post to open this thread and read for a few posts backwards... Sounds like I may need to go back and start at the beginning... seems I'm missin' out of a whole lot of entertainment...

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        Freezer filling or collecting wall art. Nothing wrong with either of them. I wouldn't exactly call it hunting.
        Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          1 1/2 miles is about a 3rd of thecway across the last HF i was on.
          So yeh.. it can happen.
          But the neighbor would not be behind the fence, so unless he shot it threw the fence. And he would be in some deep poo poo if the picture of that deer was in the paper, after shooting it behind the fence. Animals behind a high fence are there for that very reason, so no one else can shoot them.
          Last edited by critter69; 09-04-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Let me answer for the HF guys..

You're just jealous! It takes just as much skill to hunt behind a HF. I hunted this one buck behind a 800 acre HF and didn't see him all season. That proves how hard it can be.

Deer can and will jump any HF. I've seen it with my own eyes. They want out they can simply jump it.

We watched a really nice buck bounce off the fence several times, and was no where near making it over the top.

Comment

Comment

High fenced fishing

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  But the neighbor would not be behind the fence, so unless he shot it threw the fence. And he would be in some deep poo poo if the picture of that deer was in the paper, after shooting it behind the fence. Animals behind a high fence are there for that very reason, so no one else can shoot them.
                  So your real issue is you dont have the ability to shoot the animal you havnt been managing the growth and health of , supplying protien, water, food plots, supplemental feed, predator control, and herd size managment to..
                  Got it.

Comment

All the guys/gals reading this that only hunt public land are saying...."Psshh...b***h please".

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                      Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      High fenced fishing
                      He's trying to catch that one fish in the far bottom corner so it's just as hard as fishing in a public lake! Others are just jealous and filled with hate LOL

So if someone has a tank like that and feeds bass steroids and who knows what..Should that count as a sharelunker? Should he have the same bragging rights on forums without mentioning he caught it in a tank? Why not? it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        All the guys/gals reading this that only hunt public land are saying...."Psshh...b***h please".
                        And I'm not afraid to agree with that completely. I tip my hat to those who can get it done year end and year on public. I don't try to deny those folks are achieving a greater accomplishment than my private, low fence deer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by solocam_aggie; 09-04-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          Absolutely!
                          Facts are that some hunting is harder than others. Public land guys who kill anything are doing it under much harder circumstances and with more skill than those with a HF.
                          Those folks should get a lot of respect.
                          Trad hunting is harder than Compound a compound is harder than a rifle , no feeder is harder than hunting a feeder.

Comment

There is 12 acres behind my house and it is full of deer and big ones too. 90% of the time I walk into there I don't see a thing. Each place is very different. I can't say one is wrong and one is right. I know I have hunted 1000 acres HF and we did not see the animal that we could shoot. We saw the ones that were off the list not the ones that they had lots of. Every place is different and you can't say that one is right and one is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X