Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many here started their own company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My company makes leather cycling gloves and custom leather batting gloves. On the batting gloves, we can do full custom color and we cast the team logo for the back of the hands. Not paying all the bills yet, but def picking up steam.

BASEBALL TEAM CUSTOMS CYCLING

Comment

My wife and I started a little side business to teach our kids how to interact and serve others, and manage money. Started Mr. Blizzard's Shaved Ice back in 2005. Thought it would make us enough money to do family vacations and other fun expenses. Little did we know we would make enough money at it to put both our boys through college debt free. Wife and I still work our regular jobs, but it sure is nice to know the boy's nor us have any college debt hanging over our heads. Will allow for a little earlier retirement for us as well. Keep thinking about selling the Shaved Ice Trailer, but it still brings in a pretty decent side income over a 6-7 month season.

Comment

I started an accounting practice about 20 years ago. Still working but have slowed down. I also own an interest in a wholesale nursery north of Waco and a new retail nursery starting this fall in Venus.

Comment

A college buddy and myself started a marketing and consulting business that caters to the outdoor industry about a year ago. The growth has been incredible. He quit his day job this summer. I'm not near to that point yet but its definitely the plan. Starting on your own is tough but it is well worth it.

Comment

Me twice, started my first one at 25, sold it at 35. Started my second at 39. Still running it.

Comment

Elite Plaster Company established 2001 owned & operated in Indiana till 2014 when I moved to Austin. Then I decided to broaden & changed to Elite Renovations & now I do all phases of remodeling & property management. Nothing beats being your own boss.

Comment

After working many years in the precision fabrication industry, I started my own business in 1998 and never looked back.

Only regret I have is that I didn't make the move sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
                  22yrs ago left the police force and started a commercial and residential fence company. Still have it along with a Used car lot.
                  The used car lot is what I like to see. I’m a full time fireman, but have wanted to get into this for a while now. We’ve got a lot of days off that I think would make it easy to run.

Comment

I started an oil & gas chemical company in 2011 when I left Multi-Chem.

Still in business. Still growing slowly. Still scratching and clawing! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s really awesome to read all these. With me just starting out in my business, it’s nice to see the mindset of others and the success you’ve had. I have some pretty big goals set for myself and I’m going to work diligently at them. Thank you all for posting in here.

Comment

I started a construction related business at age 20. Spent 33 years dealing with pain in the a22 people and employees. But it did pay for a couple of ranches and other investments. Sold out and never looked back. Now I invest in other companies and let them deal with all the problems. Just make me some dividend money and some stock appreciation. I've been chronically unemployed for eight years now. If I don't find a job in the next five years or so I'm just gonna retire. Living the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone View Post
                          I started an oil & gas chemical company in 2011 when I left Multi-Chem.

Still in business. Still growing slowly. Still scratching and clawing! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Mind if I ask which one? I work here local for a oil company.

Comment

10 years ago, I was working for a small general contractor and scratching my head wondering how they could be making money being dishonest, lying to customers, cheating customers and being bad people in general.

When the company went belly up, I said to myself, I can do this. It took me 2 years to get everything in place. I borrowed $50,000 and in the Construction business I went.

I own a general construction company and we have found a niche to stay under the radar and make a decent living. What I am most proud of, is a high school friend works for me and he is happier than he's ever been, makes more money than he ever has and treats the company like it's his. Very rare find. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for him. A win, win deal.

My youngest son works for me as well. Hoping one day he can run it.

I am very blessed, caught a few breaks along the way and still work as hard today as I did the day I started my company.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here,and yes.Not nearly as big as it used to be.Still just as profitable.Less work and nice profits..Stock to what you're good at.Best advice I ever got.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                                10 years ago, I was working for a small general contractor and scratching my head wondering how they could be making money being dishonest, lying to customers, cheating customers and being bad people in general.

When the company went belly up, I said to myself, I can do this. It took me 2 years to get everything in place. I borrowed $50,000 and in the Construction business I went. Paid the money back with in 12 months and haven't looked back.

I own a general construction company and we have found a niche to stay under the radar and make a decent living. What I am most proud of, is a high school friend works for me and he is happier than he's ever been, makes more money than he ever has and treats the company like it's his. Very rare find. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for him. A win, win deal.

My youngest son works for me as well. Hoping one day he can run it.

I am very blessed, caught a few breaks along the way and still work as hard today as I did the day I started my company.

Comment

Working...
                                X