No announcement yet.

RTIC soft sided cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to lube the zippers. My wife had one and the zipper broke, so I got her another. Came with lube.

Comment

Liked mine a lot until about a month ago. Lid and bottom started coming apart. Glued it back together so will see how long it lasts. It is about 3 years old but never abused.

Comment

One I won at 4h fundraiser lasted about 2 months. Whole top came apart. Junk

Their 50% off price is about 4 times what they are worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 30, beat the crap out of it, goes to the lake, rides in the back of the truck, mule etc. drag it around, float it in the water at the lake. Keep the zipper waxed about once a month and no isuses with it. It goes everywhere with us, my 4 yr old unzips in and out of it all the time getting juice pouches out.

Edit: I have a yeti hopper 20 that sits in the garage because I can’t stand the zipper, or reaching into a sharks mouth to get a drink out of, rtic is cheaper option but mine has been good for 3 or so years, musta been made on a Wednesday...
          Last edited by KDinTX; 08-21-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

The zippers don’t last

Comment

Mine was junk. My Yetis have been lasting years, my rtic lasted about 2 months. I’d either go real cheap like the Walmart ozark trail version or wait for a 20% off on yeti. I was disappointed

Comment

The lid on my 60qt delaminated due to two days in a hot car. I got some Shoe Goo for it. We'll see how it does.

I won it in a raffle. Glad I didn't pay cash for it.

Comment

My lid also came apart. Less than a year old. It did get hot, as all of my coolers do. I won't take the blame for a "high end" cooler coming apart when it is treated like every other cooler I've ever owned.

With that being said, I loved it while it lasted. If they get the issue resolved, I'll very likely buy another.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I paid for one and have owned 6. I returned them over and over due to zipper failure. At least they replaced them.

Comment

I have 3 of the 30’s and they work perfectly. We tote them to baseball/softball games, the beach, fishing, etc and have never had an issue.

Comment

What kinda lube you using on the zipper? I have one I love other than the dang zipper is a pain in the rear to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          What kinda lube you using on the zipper? I have one I love other than the dang zipper is a pain in the rear to operate.
                          Just the lube that came with it. I think it says which kind to use in the package when you receive it. I'll look when I get home tomorrow.

Comment

Ditto on the lid coming apart. I kept it in the truck with me 24/7 (that was its purpose).
                            I like how the yeti flip lid is stitched and will probably fork over the $ on the next one

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Was it left in a hot car or the sun?

Mine served awesome for over 2 years and I decided to leave it in the back of my car for a few months and it delaminated like that. 100% my fault
                              Stored in my garage and taken to the deer lease on weekends and in the boat. I would say used the way coolers are intended. My lease buddy has one and he has had no issues. What got me was they wouldn't stand behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                                Just the lube that came with it. I think it says which kind to use in the package when you receive it. I'll look when I get home tomorrow.
                                Same lube you use on all the over priced coolers, Astroglide.

Comment

Working...
                                X