No announcement yet.

Tractors 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a used JD 4105 from a guy on here a couple years ago.

It has served me extremely well. Problem free!

My issue with it is, as most will tell you, it’s not big enough for me anymore. I wish I had a 60 -75 HP tractor. I only own 11.5 acres too. In my opinion it takes much too long to shred and wish I could run a wider cutter.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      I have a Kubota, New Holland, and a John Deere. All are roughly 95hp. I like the Kubota and the New Holland. The John Deere is absolutely the worst tractor we’ve ever owned. We did own a 130hp John Deere at one time and it was an awesome machine. But I’d never ever buy another JD under 100hp.

But to answer your question. I’d buy at least a 70hp Kubota. 95 hp would be better. FEL of course. And I’d buy a used one with low hours. DEF doesn’t belong on a tractor that doesn’t get constant use.
      What models do you have? I have a buddy who swears by NH

Comment

We have JD 5310 and its been a good tractor, but like most have said I could use more HP and 4x4. Almost impossible to do any dirt work with the FEL with it only being 2 wheel drive. I think having a dealer close to you should be at the top of your list of reasons to get this brand. JD, Kubota, New Holland, Case.......

Keep an eye on the bar ditch when you are driving down the highway. 90 percent of tractors shredding will be green I bet.

Comment

Working...
        X