Friday night lights!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
    I can't wait, my hometown is Hughes springs. They're playing my Vernon, should be an awesome game too but I'll be in gilmer...

Newton is 33-0, it ends this week
    Hope the kids don’t take Newton lightly. They haven’t dropped off at all from last year.

Comment

Friday night lights!!

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
      Sat in the bleachers for the first time and watched a game. Boy am I glad that doesn’t happen often. The fans are horrible and don’t know 1/2 the rules. It was comical at times. Told the coaches I worked with and later got the film and it was funny how mad the stands would get!

We need our bye week to get here. We are beat up and young right now

Yeah it’s high school football. The players and officials don’t know half the rules either, but it’s still great to go watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Newton's 33 game win streak (was currently 10th longest in the country) ended tonight in a shut-out in upshur county at the hands of the Gilmer Buckeyes. 16-0.

Comment

Newton's 33 game win streak (was currently 10th longest in the country) ended tonight in a shut-out in upshur county at the hands of the Gilmer Buckeyes. 16-0.
          Congrats to The Buckeyes. Not surprised y’all won but am surprised it was a shutout. This will probably be Newton’s only loss for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            Congrats to The Buckeyes. Not surprised y’all won but am surprised it was a shutout. This will probably be Newton’s only loss for this year.
            Well, Gilmer is 4A Division II and Newton is 3A Division II. But you are probably right. Might be the only loss for them.

Comment

Records are made to be broken. Took a 4A to do it for Newton’s winning streak. To add to it, believe the last time Newton was shut out was 1999 by WOS.

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                Records are made to be broken. Took a 4A to do it for Newton’s winning streak. To add to it, believe the last time Newton was shut out was 1999 by WOS.
                Newton has already beat WOS and silsbee this season. Both are 4ad2. They're not your average 3a team.

Comment

Well how's everyone doing so far?

Gilmers on a roll here and my hometown of Hughes springs has knocked off #5 and #6 state ranked teams in the last two weeks...

Comment

WO-S got by Silsbee 17-9 Friday. Having missed 2 games against quality opponents has definitely hurt them. The game with Crosby was cancelled due to Imelda and last weeks game against Jasper was cancelled due to lightening. This week they have their bye. Seems like they can’t get any rhythm or continuity going due to outside forces.

Comment

Watched the Lampasas/Burnet game last night. I think they may of set a record for personal fouls in a game. Seemed like there were 100 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X