Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy

Comment

Tires come into play on this deal as well. What is load rating for your tires on your truck. When it is this hot, you don't want to be running at or near max load on your tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        We will need the Payload and towing capacity of your truck. Do you have an equalizer hitch, with load leveling bars?
        payload-2,513 lbs

Max trailering-13,000 lbs

GAWF-5,200 lbs
        GAWR-6,200 lbs
        GVWR- 10,000 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Tires come into play on this deal as well. What is load rating for your tires on your truck. When it is this hot, you don't want to be running at or near max load on your tires.
          2,111 lbs

Comment

I don’t know how far your lease is from the house but I won’t haul water very far

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
              So a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton have the same suspension package?
              Usually just an additional helper spring in the 1 ton SRW. RAM 2500s run coil springs in the rear, but have leaf springs in the rear of the 3500 SRWs. Duallys are totally different animals for all 3 brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                2,111 lbs
                Are you sure? If so you will be way over weight, and you are running the wrong load range tire for a 3/4 ton truck.

Comment

2,111 lbs
                  2111? Did you put car tires on it? Every 250/2500 truck I’ve had came with E rated tires with 3500+ capacity per.

Comment

payload-2,513 lbs

Max trailering-13,000 lbs

GAWF-5,200 lbs
                    GAWR-6,200 lbs
                    GVWR- 10,000 lbs
                    I think....

Max payload 2513- 500 gear-1300 trailer tongue-2800 water.

You would be about 2100# over weight

Comment

I think....

You’re spot on with my thinking.

Comment

Getting squirrelly with overwhelming a 3/4

I think....

Only way I would attempt the water is with two totes, one empty on the ground
                        And fill up one in town or shortest distance then pump it out
                        Unloading a full tote will probably require a pallet jack and a ramp

But a TT and water will probably get squirrelly

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          2111? Did you put car tires on it? Every 250/2500 truck I’ve had came with E rated tires with 3500+ capacity per.
                          Sticker on the door said 2111 the tires are load range with 3195 lb rating

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Only way I would attempt the water is with two totes, one empty on the ground
                            And fill up one in town or shortest distance then pump it out
                            Unloading a full tote will probably require a pallet jack and a ramp

But a TT and water will probably get squirrelly
                            I will not be attempting to unload the tote, I have a 2 inch pump that I connect to the tote to pump water from the truck to the tote at my feed pen.

Comment

I wouldn’t do it. Like stated above, take tote out empty, drop the trailer and run back into town to get it filled. It’s hot right now which is even harder on trucks and tires. I wouldn’t want to take any chances.

Comment

Sticker on the door said 2111 the tires are load range with 3195 lb rating
                                Sticker is probably accounting for the vehicle weight giving you the additional MAX weight capacity per tire. So combined Max weight for rear tires would be 4222. You would still be over, but not nearly as much. That is max load at max PSI, and it is just too hot to be attempting hauling like that IMO. In winter maybe if you drive slow, but you are increasing your odds of a blowout in this heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X