No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find something to do with Pipeline integrity. It’s booming now and work will be increasing dramatically with the new mega rule.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
      Shorthanded overworked and too much overtime.
      Yep. If it wasn’t for overtime I wouldn’t have any time right about now. Only problem is I’m salary lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
        Checking in on everyone -

Halliburton laying off another 650 folks

The place I work for had another round of layoffs last week with probably one more before the year is through

Couple of my buddies have been let go from their positions, engineering guys and motor techs

At work we are preparing for the worst and basing a 2020 budget off a 750 rig count... not an exciting time to be in the motor industry, especially in my role as a Sales Rep
        I sure hate hearing that. Hopefully the ones that can will find something in another industry. Looks like the good times may be over for a long time.

The late summer bump I experienced is over. Work drying up quick. I dont expect it to get any better any time soon.

Comment

Better prepare yourself if you work for a major service company. The never ending expectation of growth from shareholders is leading to knee jerk reactions. All the major service companies are bleeding to death, mainly due to top heavy employee structures. Expect to see layoffs from all of them in the next few months.

Comment

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

More of this is coming.

I made more money last week than slb did all year. And I didn’t even have a job! Kibsgaard should be tar and feathered for screwing this company up as bad as he did. Unreal.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 10-19-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Find something to do with Pipeline integrity. It’s booming now and work will be increasing dramatically with the new mega rule.
              I just looked this up, interesting to see where this leads.

Comment

We dropped back to 12 rigs for the rest of the year in Oklahoma. Had 24 at one time.
                I’m drilling wildcat stuff for a new project so we are good. It definitely getting slow up here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We're hanging in there with a small uptic in deep water exploration in the G.O.M. But it is very sluggish. Very few long term contracts being signed. And the the market is extremely competitive with some of the lowest day rates I have ever seen. I don't think we will ever see the boon days of 8 years ago.

Comment

Enterprise has about a dozen current job postings in the Permian not counting the rest of Texas from mechanic or pipeline tech to a terminal and plant manager.

Comment

We lost 45+ employees last week due to a voluntary layoff. Lots of folks opting to retire early or go somewhere else. All of them was given some type of package based on years of service. Third layoff this year and hopefully last one till it picks back up. I was talking to one of our salesman last week who had been in Oklahoma all week and he wasn`t very optimistic. He said maybe the 2nd quarter of 2020 but who really knows.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        Better prepare yourself if you work for a major service company. The never ending expectation of growth from shareholders is leading to knee jerk reactions. All the major service companies are bleeding to death, mainly due to top heavy employee structures. Expect to see layoffs from all of them in the next few months.
                        This is what I have been reading. Apparently the profits from investments have not panned out due to low prices and investors are pulling out.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          This is what I have been reading. Apparently the profits from investments have not panned out due to low prices and investors are pulling out.
                          SLB just did a 12.7 BILLION dollar write down. basically 30% of the value of the company doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            SLB just did a 12.7 BILLION dollar write down. basically 30% of the value of the company doesn't exist anymore.
                            Pay attention, hand!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

oh no.

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                                Enterprise has about a dozen current job postings in the Permian not counting the rest of Texas from mechanic or pipeline tech to a terminal and plant manager.

https://enterpriseproducts.com/careers/job-postings
                                We just are finishing up a new compressor station for them in the Permian and are fixing to add 2 more compressors to a existing facility.

Comment

Working...
                                X