No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of y’all fellas have experience working with the mobile gas turbine power plants being used out in the field? I currently work at a power plant but the pay ain’t there, and I was looking into maybe applying out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      [emoji106]
      Found a good vendor for phosphate too

Comment

it's been eerily quiet this week - lots of folks taking extra days to spend time with their kids and graduations, but the phone aint rang a bunch this week and even email traffic outside of internal office stuff has been slow...

we still have work and folks are still planning, but everyone is overstocked (in my world) and drawing down inventory

Comment

Bump, looks like the rig count is up a little after yearlong slide

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            Bump, looks like the rig count is up a little after yearlong slide
            Man, I hope you're right. We're down about 50% from a record first quarter of 23'. I'd sure like to see it rally for a while.

Comment

Bringing this up again - rig count is steadily on the decline and I'm starting to see some long time sales people and a few friends get let go from their long time jobs. Heck, I just had to let my sales guy go last week (mostly for poor performance, even when things weren't this slow) so we are down to just me and the inside team again.

How ya'll hangin in there?

-Jake

Comment

We had a terrible 4th QTR last year, after a full year of declining sales. Had a good year overall, but it dropped off so quickly in the last QTR I let all but one of my guys go. The last one was let go when my brother moved his shop into my building and I sold him 2 of my machines and leased a third. He now works for my brother. Im pretty tired of the game and letting it go. Will be phased out around the end of the year. What my brother doesnt buy or lease will be sold.

Comment

I guess everyone got smart and got out of the business!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    I guess everyone got smart and got out of the business!
                    Na, some of us are too hard headed and still doing OK. I added another machinist yesterday and would hire another if I could find a good one.

Comment

We have cut back a little on the landman side but a good prospect we have been working since 14 has kept us somewhat steady.

Comment

Gas prices have my side of the EF slowing down a little bit in the bit rental buisness. Not stopped, just slowing a touch

Comment

Glad to see this thread still kicking! been quite busy on my end in the production/ALS tool world and trying to pick up more market share every day. I just took over my product line and now I'm looking for hands to hire but there ain't a sole out there that wants to work or is worth a futch

Comment

Im back in the oil business on the chemical side, just in a slightly different role. But we are pretty busy at the moment.

However I feel like something is brewing on the natural gas side. Comstock is steady drilling wells and Jerry Jones recently invested another $100mil into them as well. Hillcorp buying up stuff as well. Just seems like some people high up know something that others dont with gas at $1.60

Comment

Working...
                            X