No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys get involved with pumps or fabricated equipment? I work for a pump distributor and we also have a large fabrication shop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      Any of you guys get involved with pumps or fabricated equipment? I work for a pump distributor and we also have a large fabrication shop as well.
      I do - I work with companies like NextTier and Exxon on their pumps - we provide furnace fused tungsten carbide coating for the pump impellers, housings, and wear plates

who are you with?

Comment

Starting to get nervous. Rig count dropped by the largest amount since June 2020. Been looking for new customers and havent had any luck. Not sure if potential customers are nervous too, or if its something else.

I need a saleswoman or something.....

Comment

$70 oil and $2 gas ain’t gonna cut it.

Operators pulling out of gas plays and trimming back in areas it cost more to drill in.

$70 in todays market with inflation ain’t what it used to be. We’re topping $90,000 a day with the price of diesel, directional and dayrates jacked up along with price increases on every rental and service company we use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post

Operators pulling out of gas plays and trimming back in areas it cost more to drill in.

$70 in todays market with inflation ain’t what it used to be. We’re topping $90,000 a day with the price of diesel, directional and dayrates jacked up along with price increases on every rental and service company we use.

Thats what Im worried about. My biggest customer has pulled everything back in house that they can. Their machine shop says they cant get it all done, not enough hours in the day, but management has told them to make it happen. So they are selling tools, but it sounds to me like they have to reign in costs which means they are probably having lower margins to keep the sales up.

Been losing a lot of quotes from my second biggest customer lately too.

Just a year or so ago, if I quoted something, there was a 90% plus chance I got it.

I guess thats good for costs in the long run, I know Im trying to find ways to lower costs so I can lower my shop rate to bring in more work. ( we have a low shop rate already, and are very productive so not sure how low I can go till it just isnt worth the trouble )

Comment

Anybody know anyone at Turbo Drill Conroe? I emailed the address on their site and got a delivery failure notice. Bad address.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Anybody know anyone at Turbo Drill Conroe? I emailed the address on their site and got a delivery failure notice. Bad address.
                PM sent

Comment

Are you still drilling up in OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Do you have 5 axis ?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      Do you have 5 axis ?
                      No sir. Just 4 in the mills. Havent had much need for it yet. We do a few jobs that would be easier with another axis but we use tilt tables and plates when needed.

Comment

Our break even is about $32. $80 to $85 would be a sweet spot if I had my wish.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Our break even is about $32. $80 to $85 would be a sweet spot if I had my wish.

I’d be very happy at a steady $85.. on the service side and the operator side

Comment

Thats what Im worried about. My biggest customer has pulled everything back in house that they can. Their machine shop says they cant get it all done, not enough hours in the day, but management has told them to make it happen. So they are selling tools, but it sounds to me like they have to reign in costs which means they are probably having lower margins to keep the sales up.

Been losing a lot of quotes from my second biggest customer lately too.

Just a year or so ago, if I quoted something, there was a 90% plus chance I got it.

I guess thats good for costs in the long run, I know Im trying to find ways to lower costs so I can lower my shop rate to bring in more work. ( we have a low shop rate already, and are very productive so not sure how low I can go till it just isnt worth the trouble )

Mike give me a call, we have some downhole tools we need built. 210 724 181 six

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                              Mike give me a call, we have some downhole tools we need built. 210 724 181 six

Good talking to you Mr Goodman, hope we can help you out.

Comment

Good talking to you Mr Goodman, hope we can help you out.

[emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X