No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got the notice about 3 today. Got let go from my company in Houston. Petroleum Engineering consulting company. We handled a lot of production analysis and banking acquisitions.

Worst part is I’m only in the second year of my career as a Petroleum Engineer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
      Well I got the notice about 3 today. Got let go from my company in Houston. Petroleum Engineering consulting company. We handled a lot of production analysis and banking acquisitions.

Worst part is I’m only in the second year of my career as a Petroleum Engineer...

I hate this for you and all of you oil/gas folks. When it's good it is really good, but when it's bad, it is really bad! Hang in there!

Comment

Wish you O&G boys all the best during this difficult time. I was laid off in ‘16 and made a career change. I still miss those West Texas nights on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
          Wish you O&G boys all the best during this difficult time. I was laid off in ‘16 and made a career change. I still miss those West Texas nights on occasion.
          Same here, except I was near cotulla. The patch took great care of my family for a while but the ups and downs were not easy to adjust to. Good luck to all the guys still grinding away, whether on location or in the office.

Comment

Keep your head up everyone. It’s a struggle we can all get through together. I was born and raised in midland and still have my little trucking company there which is hurting bad.

Comment

I hate it all. SIL has to lay off a few persons this week. It just kills me with good workers doing their job. Part of the oil field.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I hate this for you and all of you oil/gas folks. When it's good it is really good, but when it's bad, it is really bad! Hang in there!

Thank you, I think a career change is in my future. I knew this would happen at some point, but I really wish it woulda been later in the career. I’ll be actively searching!

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  It's already happening and it will continue to happened a lot faster than we think it will.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee.
                  It wont happen without government subsides.

If all the green had to survive on their own like oil & gas they would be gone.

Comment

Got news from EOG in Permian today. Finishing current pads and then going to 4 rigs. I believe there are 18 today

Comment

Dang Bobby that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Got news from EOG in Permian today. Finishing current pads and then going to 4 rigs. I believe there are 18 today
                        That's crazy. Did they mention anything on frac? I'd assume it's going to follow a similar trend.

Comment

Holy crap, that sucks.

Comment

Dang it, hate to hear that. Really hope it gets better fast.

Comment

Here is an interesting article that talks about the investment costs of wind/solar versus natural gas. Long story short - over a 30 year period, a $1 investment in ng = a $6 investment in wind/solar. It also goes into the extreme amount of energy electric vehicles cost to make due to mining/energy costs. I was getting down on the O&G future until I read it. Prayers for all in this tough time.

Last edited by bdog14; 03-24-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I was put on hold with the project I was working on about 10 days ago. Got the call today that they are canceling all projects for the foreseeable future. I’m out of the job along with the rest of our landmen. Think I’ll spend the rest of the week at the coast and start hunting a new gig on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X