• Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 cent gas in Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I knew I should have posted the article. Here you go:

https://pubs.spe.org/en/jpt/jpt-arti...tail/?art=6745

"EOG is also cutting capex spending for 2020 by 31% to a new range of $4.3 to $4.7 billion. It said that the planned spending would mean no production growth, but the company would generate “strong returns at $30 oil price.” The activity will be focused in the Permian’s Delaware Basin and the Eagle Ford."
      Thanks for sharing that info; good to know. EOG has been paying down its debt for several years, and they are one of the better companies out there.

Comment

President Donald Trump has ordered the Department of Energy to purchase 77 million barrels of American-made crude oil to support U.S. oil producers who have hit hard times because of the coronavirus and turmoil in the international market.

Comment

I think I see how this helps, but can someone smarter than me explain some long term effects of this move and how it affects the industry?

I am so unfamiliar with these processes once you get the well drilled. Any explanations would be greatly educational for me

Comment

I don't see it helping either. At least not for the exploration side. Our reserve stock piles were really high before this all happened. Now we are maxing them out. This will slow the price of oil in the long term until supplies subcede. This could take years.

Comment

Well, the lack of uniformity in what each state is doing has hit us square between the eyes! Our parent company is in PA. Their governor has pretty much shut down the state's businesses, not just the bar/restaurant services, but literally non-life saving business of all areas... Effective today at 5:00 Eastern, our sister company will close its door for 2 weeks... on April 1, everyone will be notified whether to come to work on Monday April 6th or take another week... COVID-19 or oil price crash or whatever, this just got serious for us and my company... We get 80% of our product from this facility... We placed a big stock order they are shipping out before end of business today, but that will be it for at least 3 weeks... I haven't had to lay anyone off yet, but if we don't have product to sell or parts for repairs, we won't be generating any revenue and the pipeline so to speak will run dry pretty dang quick!!

Comment

A friend who used to work at the Marathon plant in Texas City said 1200 laid off by the end of the day today, and $70 million cut from the budget as of last night.

Oil REALLY needs to come back.

Comment

My wife commented yesterday and had me laughing. "Its odd seeing so many other people have to deal with sudden layoffs and cut hours like y'all always do. Y'all sure hold it together better than most people" haha.

It is quite comical seeing some freak out about rent or mortgage, car payments, food, or any other spending. It is tough no doubt but not the end of the world an theirs will come back much quicker than oil.

Some might try to have a little more compassion next time some oil guys get let go
                  Last edited by bphillips; 03-20-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    A friend who used to work at the Marathon plant in Texas City said 1200 laid off by the end of the day today, and $70 million cut from the budget as of last night.

Oil REALLY needs to come back.
                    I had asked about Marathon earlier this week about them pulling out of the Permian. I had heard they had some money problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      My wife commented yesterday and had me laughing. "Its odd seeing so many other people have to deal with sudden layoffs and cut hours like y'all always do. Y'all sure hold it together better than most people" haha.

It is quite comical seeing some freak out about rent or mortgage, car payments, food, or any other spending. It is tough no doubt but not the end of the world an theirs will come back much quicker than oil.

Some might try to have a little more compassion next time some oil guys get let go
                      Yes sir, you are right on all points.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing reading media reports about people getting laid off in the restaurant industry.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing reading media reports about people getting laid off in the restaurant industry.
                          Yea it really isn't funny but I have had several in those industries talk about oil guys "whining" when getting laid off and how they should do something more stable. Now some of these in "stable" jobs are being hit and whining because guess what? It sucks

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            LOL.. no kidding. no one is in a strong position at $30 oil... perhaps basic survival.
                            I’m assuming most of their oil is hedged and has a three way collar on it. I’m no stock market expert but if it drops to an extremely low level the hedge isn’t as effective anymore. We lost a TON of work when it dipped down to $20.50~ on Wednesday. I work for a company that sells water for drilling and completing wells in the Permian Basin.

Comment

Yea it really isn't funny but I have had several in those industries talk about oil guys "whining" when getting laid off and how they should do something more stable. Now some of these in "stable" jobs are being hit and whining because guess what? It sucks
                              Yup karma

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                                I’m assuming most of their oil is hedged and has a three way collar on it. I’m no stock market expert but if it drops to an extremely low level the hedge isn’t as effective anymore. We lost a TON of work when it dipped down to $20.50~ on Wednesday. I work for a company that sells water for drilling and completing wells in the Permian Basin.
                                yes, good point. Hedges are great, but when there's no more money to pay hedged products, it's over.

Comment

Working...
                                X