Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    You might want to revisit this when oil is up and you are showing off your new $75k diesel truck that you dont even use to pull a trailer, new $50k bass boat, $8k year hunting lease, and all the extra stuff you get when the rest of us has to pay exorbitant prices at the pumps. But dont worry about us. I mean, yours is taken care of, right. SMH!

It is a lose-lose situation with you oil field guys. SMDH!
    You are way low on your bass boat budget.

Comment

You might want to revisit this when oil is up and you are showing off your new $75k diesel truck that you dont even use to pull a trailer, new $50k bass boat, $8k year hunting lease, and all the extra stuff you get when the rest of us has to pay exorbitant prices at the pumps. But dont worry about us. I mean, yours is taken care of, right. SMH!

Can we please refrain from this version of this discussion?

This thread was intended for guys in the patch to discuss what we see happening around us in our energy.

Not once in this thread has anyone bragged about a new truck or a new lease or anything like that. In fact it’s been said numerous times that we don’t make as nearly as much money as you think we do.

I am trying to keep this thread from turning into the drama filled version of the previous editions where folks come in and harass each other about something not related to current industry happenings.

I would appreciate it greatly from all

Comment

This thread was intended for guys in the patch to discuss what we see happening around us in our industry.

Not once in this thread has anyone bragged about a new truck or a new lease or anything like that. In fact it’s been said numerous times that we don’t make as nearly as much money as you think we do.

I am trying to keep this thread from turning into the drama filled version of the previous editions where folks come in and harass each other about something not related to current industry happenings.

Comment

Yea nobody else here in another industry is happy when they get something nice. GTFO with yalls crap.

Fuel prices havent been crazy in 10-12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

This thread was intended for guys in the patch to discuss what we see happening around us in our industry.

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Yea nobody else here in another industry is happy when they get something nice. GTFO with yalls crap.

Fuel prices havent been crazy in 10-12 years.
            This!

Comment

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Ignore the idiots and the haters like Coach_DB

Comment

It is a lose-lose situation with you oil field guys. Shame on the rest of us for being happy that we dont have to pay $2.50 or $3 per gallon for gas. You chastise us for being happy with low prices and you chastise us when we gripe about high prices at the pump. I am not happy that anyone is struggling or losing their job. I am simply happy that I don't have to spend as much for gas and I can spend that money elsewhere. SMDH!

You’ve never seen me post anything about that so I don’t know you the hell your referring to when you post “you” and you sure as hell never seen me gloating on anyone else’s post when they’re doing bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                  It is predicted that 50% of all the small companies in the Permian, Marcellus and Bakken fields will go bankrupt at these prices.

It seems suspicious to me that Russia and the Arabs would pick this point in time to launch a price war.
                  Nothing to be suspicious about, it was a calculated move without a doubt.

Comment

It is a lose-lose situation with you oil field guys. Shame on the rest of us for being happy that we dont have to pay $2.50 or $3 per gallon for gas. You chastise us for being happy with low prices and you chastise us when we gripe about high prices at the pump. I am not happy that anyone is struggling or losing their job. I am simply happy that I don't have to spend as much for gas and I can spend that money elsewhere. SMDH!
                    Shots fired shots fired

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Shots fired shots fired

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                      The jealousy is seeping out on that one.

Comment

I feel way out of whack. I have a used Toyota Tundra, 6 year old bay boat and my wife is in An 11 year old suburban.

I have been oilfielding all wrong for years.

Comment

10-12 years ago the economy was crap and fuel prices were 4.00 a gallon, economy is great with cheap fuel these days. Can someone explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I think there is a disconnect in folk's mindset that oil does not affect them if they do not work in the energy sector. The oilfield AFFECTS everyone in some way or another.
                            You’re right on the money Jeff. I watched Williston, ND go from 20,000 people in a 10 to 12,000 population town into a ghost town in one year. When I got there September of ‘81 you couldn’t buy a motel room and there were twice as many motels as there should have been for a town that size. Any resident who wanted to rent out their basement could. When I pulled my travel trailer out in September of ‘82 there were just a few cars at the motels and at restaurants and bars were half empty. Not only did the oilfield hands suffer, the whole **** town suffered.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              You’re right on the money Jeff. I watched Williston, ND go from 20,000 people in a 10 to 12,000 population town into a ghost town in one year. When I got there September of ‘81 you couldn’t buy a motel room and there were twice as many motels as there should have been for a town that size. Any resident who wanted to rent out their basement could. When I pulled my travel trailer out in September of ‘82 there were just a few cars at the motels and at restaurants and bars were half empty. Not only did the oilfield hands suffer, the whole **** town suffered.
                              That is a local economy not the US economy. Apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                10-12 years ago the economy was crap and fuel prices were 4.00 a gallon, economy is great with cheap fuel these days. Can someone explain?
                                You wont get one.

We were all told the Texas economy will go to crap with the low oil prices a few years ago. How everyone in texas was going to feel it.

Economy still continued to boom and is still doing great now. It doesnt effect nearly the amount of people some would like to think it does

That being said i hope it doesnt get to bad and you boys can continue to work and make money to support your families.

Comment

Working...
                                X