Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
    All the work is in the Delaware/Permian basins out on the Texas/New Mexico border. Oklahoma shut down dead at the end of 2019 but I believe will open back up soon as there is talk of ramping up. There are some major companies with major goals and promises they have set and they have about 5 years to prove it so I believe it's about to go wide open if Trump secures this election. The doors will be blown off the industry, so if you got any plans or services I would strongly suggest getting thing in order to jump in head first when the wave comes...

Therein lies the problem. I am in the oilfield and a trump supporter, however if you sit back and look at it, deregulating the oilfield and making it easier for them to operate is great, everyone is producing more. However as you increase supply and demand doesn't follow, then all you do is drive down price.

Comment

Here at the big H things slowed down and got tight the last quarter of last year. West Texas and New Mexico a really rockin again, but until the new pipelines come online there will be a bottleneck that backs up the production side and slows drilling.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        [/B]

Therein lies the problem. I am in the oilfield and a trump supporter, however if you sit back and look at it, deregulating the oilfield and making it easier for them to operate is great, everyone is producing more. However as you increase supply and demand doesn't follow, then all you do is drive down price.
        Which forces people to learn to be far more efficient and better at what they do. Always look at the bright side!

Comment

Well aint that how it goes.....member here graciously sends me a RFQ and my my mill isnt big enough to run it.....

Starting to understand what people mean when they say FML

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Which forces people to learn to be far more efficient and better at what they do. Always look at the bright side!
            I don't agree with this at all. At least not from a field hand point of view. It strains crew load and spreads us thin and enhances exposure to critical hazards during specific jobs. I work on a dual activity rig, where the operator expects the same production with less people.

Not to mention salary at a steady decline with more work load. This is causing good quality personnel to leave and find employment elsewhere. Even if it means leaving for less money. Why put up with the politics, regulation and constantly changing policy and procedure when they are constantly expecting more from you while dropping your pay.

This leaves the door open for mediocre employees that cut corners and injured people. HR knows this but they are having a harder and harder time trying to hire quality prople.
            Last edited by Muddy Bud; 02-19-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
              All the work is in the Delaware/Permian basins out on the Texas/New Mexico border. Oklahoma shut down dead at the end of 2019 but I believe will open back up soon as there is talk of ramping up. There are some major companies with major goals and promises they have set and they have about 5 years to prove it so I believe it's about to go wide open if Trump secures this election. The doors will be blown off the industry, so if you got any plans or services I would strongly suggest getting thing in order to jump in head first when the wave comes...
              Most of them I know are just hoping to keep the doors open until things start turning around, we've got equipment mothballed, hoping to not have to try to sell until the! Some days are better than others, hoping the avg holds out a little longer.

Comment

Were doing okay out here. Just got another year on our contract with Shell. I work on the supply boats so its VERY competitive out here. Still no raise or matching of the 401k, but grateful for the steady work.

Comment

Hang in there guys, don’t understand any of this business but know it sucks having to worry about your income.

Comment

The rumors are thick right now.

Baker Hughes and Weatherford sure are getting talked about.

Comment

I worked in the oil patch back in the late 70's and early 80's, liked the work and the pay, could not put up with the ups and downs, moved on, hope you guys who are slow pick up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        The rumors are thick right now.

Baker Hughes and Weatherford sure are getting talked about.
                        Bad thing is Weatherford, even after bankruptcy is still more likely to pay on time than Baker.

Comment

Just here for my morning POOH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                            Bad thing is Weatherford, even after bankruptcy is still more likely to pay on time than Baker.
                            Ain't that the truff!! SLB is the same way... I've got big H on credit hold... They want something, they pay in full in advance...

Comment

A little flat but still peddling bits and tools here in South Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hope everyone is safe from the knee jerking going on right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X