Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Golf Cart Batteries Not Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart Batteries Not Charging

My 48v Bad Boy is not charging. It runs fine and the battery level on the das shows 3/4 charger.
    The batteries are only 6 months old. I did have to add water to all batteries yesterday but they are not charging. This picture is what the charger is showing. Normally goes from 1 red light to all red lights then the green light (with all red lights off) indicating full charge.
    Is it a battery or charger problem?
    Attached Files

Don’t know if this will help, but found the charger manual. I just had to replace my charger and I didn’t realize they cost a ton. Good luck

Comment

Check the overall voltage to see what it is. If it has gotten to low it may not activate the charger. If you have 8 - 6 volt batteries and they are low you can charge them in pairs 12v with a 12volt charger. Charge each pair for about 15 to 20 min then try your regular charger.
      Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
        Check the overall voltage to see what it is. If it has gotten to low it may not activate the charger. If you have 8 - 6 volt batteries and they are low you can charge them in pairs 12v with a 12volt charger. Charge each pair for about 15 to 20 min then try your regular charger.
        Good Luck
        I had to do the same thing one time. I also had a battery with a bad cell & it would not charge up enough to get the charger going.

Comment

Working...
        X