No announcement yet.

Rant truck shopping, dodge,ford, Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through almost the same thing in January when I was looking to buy a truck.

The ford dealership had a truck online that I wanted at 29.5 - called them and asked if they had it, they said “yeah, come on down”

I get there and talk to them about it, take a test drive, said let’s talk numbers... that’s where everything went terribly wrong.

First they wouldn’t evaluate my trade in without first seeing the pay off amount from my current finance company, wouldn’t even look at it.

So I said let’s forget the trade in, I’ll sell the car on my own. Let talk about the truck, lady says ok let me go talk to my manager to get the paperwork drawn up. She comes back twenty minutes later with their best offer of 37.9k!!

I said “this truck is online, right here (showed them my phone with the ad) is 29.5? What’s going on here”

Her response - “oh I’m sorry, we don’t check the website for deals on a daily basis and that ad isn’t valid...”

Needless to say I walked out and they proceeded to call and text and bug me for two weeks and finally said “we will give you what you want, except the lowest we can go on the truck is 34.7K... and you have to put X amount down, have a credit score of *** AND you have to finance through us”

So, all things said - I will never shop at Tomball ford or give them a chance to earn my business. I know that will literally affect them in no way whatsoever, but I took it personally lol

I ended up going to DeMontrond dodge a few weeks later just to look at what they had, drove off three hours later in a 2018 lone star edition ram 1500.

They wanted to sell the truck ya know? Gave me the price I wanted and 2k over what my trade in was worth without any hassle.

Driven ford trucks most of my life but I’m only loyal to my bank account, so this round was won by a Ram truck.

To be honest, at this point in the game, they’re all roughly the same.

Good luck with your search my friend. I hate the buying process when it comes to a new vehicle.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I'd rather be kicked in the crotch than car shop.

Comment

Spend a bit of time searching dealer inventory and find a dealer stock number that meets your needs then through the online chat ask what’s your best price on stock number 7186 etc. Online sales guys know they have to give you a decent price to get your attention. Then negotiate from there.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            Yep I made a huge mistake going to ford of boerne, they may have changed their name, but didn’t change management/ sales team tactics ( I should have just turned around when I saw their sales special $99995 + TTL truck out front)
            Boerne probably is not the best place to shop for a truck , with all the high end dealerships ( porche , Range Rover, Mercedes, Ferrari . All in a clump )

Time to step back and remember “ pigs go to market and hogs get slaughtered “
            Cavender Chevy is one of the best dealerships I've ever been to. If they sold Fords I would never buy a truck from anyone else again.

Car shopping is like fishing, hunting, golf, sex, etc.....

Some people are good at it, some people aren't. The people who always complain about vehicle shopping are the ones who obviously aren't good at it.

Do your research, most of it online. Look at websites like KBB and Truecar, other dealership websites, and get a REALISTIC idea of what is the going rate for the type of vehicle you are looking for.

use the phone to do a lot of your first contact sales meetings. you can tell pretty quick over the phone if the guy is a straight shooter, unknowledgeable or a slick willie type.

If your in the position to be able to stroke a $46k check I won't lecture you on the ins and outs of the sales game as you already know how business works, but I would start calling dealerships tomorrow and see what you can find.

Again, Try Grande Ford, Mac Haik Southway and Atascosa Dodge.

Dealerships I would avoid would be Northside Ford, Jordan Ford, Jennings Anderson's New Ford of Boerne ( For the rest of your life and please warn your grand children )

I've had some luck with Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels as well.

Comment

Online brother, online Do all your shopping there and don’t spend any time at a dealership.

Comment

It’s a drive for you but Carlos Hernandez at Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills will take care if you. Let him know the Knights sent you. He’s sold my family about 5 vehicles and is one of the only car people I trust

If you want Chevy, Tony G at Moritz (site sponsor thanks to Tony) will treat you right. We went to him with our out the door budget and our must haves for my wife and drove out of there with a brand new car for her that was exactly what we expected to pay for a used. Great guy and shop to deal with

Comment

That’s weird, I had a great truck buying experience at Ford of Boerne a few months ago.

Comment

Did this a little yesterday.....

It was too **** hot ...got mad and went home...

It's all online from here out for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                      I just used Usaa car buying service to get my wife a new car after hers got totaled last month. I will say that was the most painless car buying experience I’ve had.
                      This. The deal used to be $115 above invoice as I remember. Decide what you want with the invoice price for the options you want. Bought a couple of vehicles like this in the 90s. Surprisingly, I went to a couple of dealers that were listed as participating that tried to jack the price up even after I told them I had the invoice price.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Ummmmm

They closed the doors like 10 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        My bad! It was a Lawerence Hall-Abilene ad I recalled. ;(

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          Man, I can not endorse the Car Pro Jerry Renold's Car Pro VIP program enough.

For those that don't know, Jerry Renolds host a syndicated radio show about vehicles.

Jerry used to own several car dealerships and on his show offers a lot of in sight into the industry.

One of the things he's done to promote his show is search out Dealerships to endorse. He does not take one nickle from them. His requirement for a Dealership to be listed is treat the Customer (his listner) like a VIP. No games and no BS.

I've used this program twice and its been awesome.

Let me define awesome. We purchased a new 2017 Camry. I did my research on-line on what that car should cost out the door. We filed out the VIP pass and got an email from the Dealership with the out the door price. It was better than what I had calculated.

Went to the Dealership, test drove the car, and signed the paperwork. It was the best experience I've ever had when buying a new vehicle.

Buy your next car from a local certified dealer. Sell your car for payment on the spot. Read car reviews, news, and buying and selling tips. Learn more!

The VIP program cost you nothing. Again, Jerry does this for his Customers.

And if you have trouble with one of his endorsed Dealerships. Let him and the General Manager of that Dealership know about your experience.

The second vehicle I got same deal. Price was great. Had an issue outside of the Dearlship's 7 day warranty policy. The master cylinder went out. Asked the Dealership to work with me given the purchase had just completed. The initial answer was no, so I got my new to me SUV to my auto-repair shop. Wrote the CarPro about the experience and included the Dealership's GM. I got a call the next day and the GM asked me to send him the bill. They had a check to re-reimburse me for my repair.

Not going to mention that Dealership's name, but I checked. They are no longer endorsed which is what Jerry does if he hear of to many complaints. He ensures that they meet his standards on treating his Listeners right.

BTW, you could send him a message on Facebook about what you're looking to do. He will reply with some info on what you should expect. He is fair to his endorsed Dealers. He knows what is going on in the industry, the market, and he doesn't expect them to give their vehicles away.

The other day (at least in my mind) he was taking about Hyundai's new SUV. a Listener called in and explained they couldn't find any deals. Jerry explained that the SUV is to new and a hot item. Dealerships can't keep them on the lot. He recommended another SUV or just wait. He pointed out that in time the novelty will wear off and not only will you find deals you'll see incentives.

Again, his point is that the vehicle is just to hot right now.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm telling you, I think you'll benefit from the Car Pro's VIP program.
                          First thing I saw was they have Charles Maund Toyota as a certified dealer. Makes me skeptical. I still may fill out the stuff and see what kind of quote I get.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                            Man, I can not endorse the Car Pro Jerry Renold's Car Pro VIP program enough.

For those that don't know, Jerry Renolds host a syndicated radio show about vehicles.

Jerry used to own several car dealerships and on his show offers a lot of in sight into the industry.

One of the things he's done to promote his show is search out Dealerships to endorse. He does not take one nickle from them. His requirement for a Dealership to be listed is treat the Customer (his listner) like a VIP. No games and no BS.

I've used this program twice and its been awesome.

Let me define awesome. We purchased a new 2017 Camry. I did my research on-line on what that car should cost out the door. We filed out the VIP pass and got an email from the Dealership with the out the door price. It was better than what I had calculated.

Went to the Dealership, test drove the car, and signed the paperwork. It was the best experience I've ever had when buying a new vehicle.

Buy your next car from a local certified dealer. Sell your car for payment on the spot. Read car reviews, news, and buying and selling tips. Learn more!

The VIP program cost you nothing. Again, Jerry does this for his Customers.

And if you have trouble with one of his endorsed Dealerships. Let him and the General Manager of that Dealership know about your experience.

The second vehicle I got same deal. Price was great. Had an issue outside of the Dearlship's 7 day warranty policy. The master cylinder went out. Asked the Dealership to work with me given the purchase had just completed. The initial answer was no, so I got my new to me SUV to my auto-repair shop. Wrote the CarPro about the experience and included the Dealership's GM. I got a call the next day and the GM asked me to send him the bill. They had a check to re-reimburse me for my repair.

Not going to mention that Dealership's name, but I checked. They are no longer endorsed which is what Jerry does if he hear of to many complaints. He ensures that they meet his standards on treating his Listeners right.

BTW, you could send him a message on Facebook about what you're looking to do. He will reply with some info on what you should expect. He is fair to his endorsed Dealers. He knows what is going on in the industry, the market, and he doesn't expect them to give their vehicles away.

The other day (at least in my mind) he was taking about Hyundai's new SUV. a Listener called in and explained they couldn't find any deals. Jerry explained that the SUV is to new and a hot item. Dealerships can't keep them on the lot. He recommended another SUV or just wait. He pointed out that in time the novelty will wear off and not only will you find deals you'll see incentives.

Again, his point is that the vehicle is just to hot right now.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm telling you, I think you'll benefit from the Car Pro's VIP program.

We used the VIP deal for our last purchase, It went rather smoothly and they didn’t push the financial office stuff much at all.

I do feel there was a little meat left on the bone, but trying to chew it off wasn’t worth the effort- and I realize dealerships don’t keep the doors open by giving vehicles away.

I plan on using it again for my next purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found a used 2500 ram $55000

My older retired buddy, I was talking with him about this PIA with dealerships
                              And he tells me he would sell me his 2018 ram bighorn, 6.7 for $55000 or what he owes the bank . As he doesn’t drive it much , in two years he drove 7000 miles, sounds like a good deal, it has a long bed 8ft and I really don’t want another land barge , be I guess I could figure it out, it would be a PIA to get in a handicap parking spot and down town hospital parking garage

Kbb says it is slightly overpriced
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-19-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                My older retired buddy, I was talking with him about this PIA with dealerships

And he tells me he would sell me his 2018 ram bighorn, 6.7 for $55000 or what he owes the bank . As he doesn’t drive it much , in two years he drove 7000 miles, sounds like a good deal, it has a long bed 8ft and I really don’t want another land barge , be I guess I could figure it out, it would be a PIA to get in a handicap parking spot and down town hospital parking garage

Kbb says it is slightly overpriced

Unless I’m missing it, the KBB you posted was for a Laramie (leather seats and a bunch of bells and whistles).
                                You friend is selling a Bighorn edition which has fewer factory included upgrades.

Meaning the truck you are looking at has a street value of Id guess $2000-4k less than a Laramie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X