No announcement yet.

Cadillac Bar Nuevo Laredo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah the old Cadillac bar. That was a steady stop when we hunted across the border. That is until we pulled a big drunk one night. When we walked out the door my buddy hollers Aiiiiiiiieeeee. Then pulls out his pistol and shoots out the light. We jumped in the truck like the Duke boys and hauled tail. Made a clean getaway.

Comment

Dang that place was awesome! Fond memories

Comment

I vaguely remember going there quite a few times.Bit hazy....but wonderful . Drifted further up the river now.

Comment

What are y'all talking about?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I also remember...kinda... leaving the Maderna in P N about 2 in the morning new years eve trying to find my way back to the lodge where I was staying . My guide was passed out and I was unsure where to go. But we made it and I made him get up the next morning to hunt. Great memories

Comment

Acuna, I'm headed to the Hunters Retreat, take me to the hill....lol

Comment

Pappagallos. The taco shack by the gate. Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha, brine back a lot of great memories! There was a fancy little restaurant a few blocks from the border crossing in Nuevo Laredo. Dang good food! I’ve had a few street tacos outside of Papagallos a time or two, also.
                  Just don’t go in the Dallas Cowboy, them girls have Adam’s apples! They do have a couple of owls flying around though.

Comment

Back in the day the Senor Frogs was fun. That bar and liquor store on the right a couple of blocks in was always a good time.

Comment

Started going to the Cadillac with my dad in the 70’s when he leased a place just up river from Nuevo Laredo. I think the last time I was there was in the late 90’s. Iconic place. Sure wish we could still go down there.
                      Last edited by lanceodom; 08-17-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Colorado’s Reynosa can be fun in the right frame of mind, that’s where my oldest showed me his new tattoo thinking I wouldn’t remember

Comment

I watched a friend throw one of those triangle newspaper fireworks under a table in the bar at Cadillac one night and blow all 4 chairs out from under it... and then another one on top of the hood of a cab... and it caved in.

Hah

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                            I watched a friend throw one of those triangle newspaper fireworks under a table in the bar at Cadillac one night and blow all 4 chairs out from under it... and then another one on top of the hood of a cab... and it caved in.

Hah
                            A "friend"? ...Right!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Pappagallos. The taco shack by the gate. Good stuff.

That taco stand was next to the temporary jail / lock up
                              Pappagallos had some great food to after rush hour

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                Colorado’s Reynosa can be fun in the right frame of mind, that’s where my oldest showed me his new tattoo thinking I wouldn’t remember
                                Is the drive in or sam’s still open still open in Reynosa

Comment

Working...
                                X