Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo45 View Post
      Thats awesome

Comment

Little E is a lucky [emoji256] dude

Comment

I think it's time we quit calling "Jr" Jr any more!
          Close call for all involved.

Comment

What does he have on Hillary?!

Comment

A friend of mine that I went to college with and rodeoed with flew for Sr and Jr for several years and flys for them occasionally now. He flew the family and I believe Sr home when he was killed. Immediately I thought of him and touched based with him. He wasn’t the pilot but good friends with the pilot. That’s all he told me . Prayers answered they all walked away
              Last edited by BrandonA; 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

My suspicion is ref speed was too high on approach. Every knot of extra speed increases landing distance significantly. Runway was 4529' and under best conditions Citation Sovereign requires 2900' feet to land. Distances increase quickly with extra weight or speed. Or if anything wasn't working just right obviously problems.

Glad all worked out well for everyone.I can tell you from personal experience...you don't walk away from a crash..you run like hell if you can!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                  My suspicion is ref speed was too high on approach. Every knot of extra speed increases landing distance significantly. Runway was 4529' and under best conditions Citation Sovereign requires 2900' feet to land. Distances increase quickly with extra weight or speed. Or if anything wasn't working just right obviously problems.

Glad all worked out well for everyone.I can tell you from personal experience...you don't walk away from a crash..you run like hell if you can!
                  One thing I will say this pilot, along with my friend, aren’t you’re everyday pilot. They have more training and certifications than most commercial pilots. They can fly anything short of military jets and they can probably fly those. There is a reason the rich and famous hire them. They are the best in the private sector

Comment

My heart jumped all the way up in my throat when my wife texted me that Jr and Amy were in a plane crash. Their young daughter, Isla was on board also. I have a ton of respect for those folks, it scared me.

The private air travel business has taken a large toll on the racing community over the years...I was so glad to hear they were ok, though I expect that will be hard for him given his past injuries and anxiety issues.

I was just listening to a Dale Jr podcast yesterday where he had his pilot on for a bit giving him some time off and some cash to spend on vacation. He said he’d been flying for him about 10 yrs. He is one of there longest tenured, and most valued employees.

Seems like I’ve heard before that the approach into the Bristol airport is tricky.

So glad it wasn’t tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      One thing I will say this pilot, along with my friend, aren’t you’re everyday pilot. They have more training and certifications than most commercial pilots. They can fly anything short of military jets and they can probably fly those. There is a reason the rich and famous hire them. They are the best in the private sector
                      I don't question that. I've been around private jets and that world most of my life with multiple jet type ratings myself. But something happened. Either there was a plane malfunction or .....The facts will come out. I know the airport and I know the airplane. But to your point, I don't know the pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post

Probably right on.

Comment

I am no pilot, and know very little about it. My first thought after I heard it went through the runway was flat tires or a brake malfunction on touchdown. I expect it will come out when he is ready to talk, but that may be after the FAA investigation.

I would think if it was a malfunction they knew about, tower would already have known and they would have made laps to burn off fuel and more info would be out there already, but that’s just a guess.

Comment

If it was a known problem they would have gone to an airport with a much longer runway.
                            Odds are they carried a little to much speed or speed reduction devices did not work properly.
                            Very fortunate people.

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

My boss used to race with sr and was around jr a lot in his early day...he actually qualified sr’s car a few times if I remember right. He was telling me this afternoon about the crash, guess he heard through the racing community pretty quickly. Glad to hear they walked away from this.

Comment

Working...
                                X