Live Elk Hunt - Idaho Broadmouth Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brunner View Post
    Dropped off Pops in Hallettsville and I’m back in VICTORIA all unpacked.

Back to reality tomorrow for my 4:30am work day wake up call!

Thank you Pops for doing this trip with me and making it one of the most memorable adventures I’ve ever experienced. It was truly a trip of a lifetime and I can not wait for our next trip wherever it may take us

Thanks to my wife, my mom, and my mother in law for taking on the challenge of a 7 day vacation with my two boys. They had a lot of fun doing something fun each day with the boys while we were gone - Natural Bridge Caverns, Natural Bridge Wildlife Park, WonderWorld, Landa Park, Morgan’s Wonderland, Splashway Waterpark, and Great Wold Lodge. Thank you for allowing Dad and I to take this trip and be able to experience this together. Truly so blessed to have each of you in our lives.

Thank you Dave aka YellaDog again for making this Live Hunt an awesome experience and thread. You’re an awesome friend and TBHer!!!

Thanks to Broadmouth Canyon Ranch for a first class operation and a perfect first elk hunt experience.

Thanks to each of you TBHera for the kind words and following along.

I will upload the video of our hunt once I find someone who wants to take on the challenge of editing and condensing 2 hours and 30 mins of footage to about 8-9 minutes.

Cheers and SWIG TIME!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man Ross.
    When you told me about this trip, I can remember these words, “Old Man, you better get in shape, we’re going on an Elk Hunt in August. And it’s non refundable. So you’re not backing out!”
    WTH. Who’s the freakin Dad here? Lol.
    So it’s to the gym. Lost some weight. Gained some strength. Felt really good. But one thing I couldn’t fix was my date with a Hip Replacement. But we worked through that.
    To my family, I can’t tell you how much I appreciated all this. I am blessed more than I deserve for sure.
    Also can’t say it enough, I am proud of and love y’all so much.
    Ross,
    You had this planned to the dang T.!! From start to finish. No issues.
    Thank you so much for making this hunt come true. Yep. Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Anytime man! Thanks for taking us all along. Congrats to both of you!

Comment

Wow, what an awesome trip. Thanks for taking us along.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for taking us along! Look forward to the video!!

Comment

I’ll do my best to get this video done soon

Comment

Awesome trip My son and I did this a few years ago something I will cherish the rest of my life. Guess it's time to plan the next one.

Comment

What an awesome thread. Pumped for both of y’all.

Comment

Today was my first day back in the grind. Physically I was there. Mentally, I was still in those mountains listening to those big bulls bugle. What an experience. And to see 400” plus bulls at 25 yards, it’s nothing like it. Yep. Pockets were just not deep enough. But I’ll be back.

Comment

Back to work so Charles can make more money.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Back to work so Charles can make more money.

Gee thanks for the reminder. Sure isn’t like the old days.

Comment

Burrner, your pm mail box is full. Did you happen to see any of the management bulls they sell? Thanks for the write up was a great read.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                          Burrner, your pm mail box is full. Did you happen to see any of the management bulls they sell? Thanks for the write up was a great read.

Yes. Mine was a management bull. Saw a few that we put a stalk on but couldn’t get a arrow into. If you’re hunting with a gun you’d have an opportunity.

Comment

Got final score back on my bull

339-2/8”

They are still stripping dad’s bull down Then they will score his

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                              Got final score back on my bull

339-2/8”

They are still stripping dad’s bull down Then they will score his

Wow. That’s awesome.
                              They missed that one a little. You got yourself a bargain. Well deserved.

Comment

Live Elk Hunt - Idaho Broadmouth Canyon

VIDEO

Here we go guys!!!!

ATX Tyler In here did an absolute bang up job!!!

Here’s a 17 minute recap of the trip of a lifetime for my Pops and I.

Thank you Tyler so much for a job well done.

“Music by bensound.c o m”

Comment

Working...
                                X