No announcement yet.

Generational Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have inherited my grandpas single shot .410 (Crescent Victor) and all my sons have hunted with it. That is four generations having hunted with the cheap hardware store brand shotgun. I'm figuring first Grandson gets it next...Come on boys...get busy!

Comment

A good 10 or more years ago my old man bought a synthetic-stocked Remi 700 in .300 wsm. Unless I ever go to the Dark Continent, it's all I'll need and I have every intention of handing it down.

Comment

I inherited my great grandpa’s Marlin Safety.30-30 when my Dad passed away a few years ago. Serial number shows it was made in 1904. Took it to a gunsmith recently just to ensure it was safe to shoot. He said a good cleaning and I’d be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Kimber Classic in 7-08 that will be passed on. Two of my kids have killed their first deer with it already. For me I think it’s a perfect caliber, one that is enjoyable to shoot and still has plenty of knock down power. I fell in love with it the first shot and my kids have as well.
          I have a Winchester model 70 .243 that I got from my Dad. It will be passed on down the line but I don’t let the kids tote it in the woods. I love this gun for the memories that I have made shooting it with my Dad and I suspect my 7-08 will do the same for them one day.

Comment

Cooper Model 52 in a 280 Rem would be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
              I intend my APR in 6.5cm to be a hand-down rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This...my APR 7-08 will go to my twin boys. Just don’t know yet how they’ll decide who keeps it later on. Lol

Comment

Working...
              X