X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool little planes

Post some more pics of it some time

Comment

I'll get some pics tomorrow morning. Working cattle with it.

Backseat is the same as the 1950. I've squeezed in both.

Comment

My Dad bought a 1940's Piper PA-12 called a Super Cruiser in the early 60's when I was in high school. It had no flaps. We completely rebuilt it and I soloed in it when I was 18. We sand blasted the frame and replaced the fabric covering and rebuilt the engine. The engine was a Lycombing(spelling?) around 100 hp. The later models like the Super Cubs etc. had flaps. The Super Cruiser did not need flaps. I could not get it to stall sometimes when by myself trying to do spin recoveries.
        My Dad was a WW2 Army Air Corps veteran. I feel so fortunate to have been able to share the aviation experience with him.

Comment

Originally posted by redleif View Post
          My Dad bought a 1940's Piper PA-12 called a Super Cruiser in the early 60's when I was in high school. It had no flaps. We completely rebuilt it and I soloed in it when I was 18. We sand blasted the frame and replaced the fabric covering and rebuilt the engine. The engine was a Lycombing(spelling?) around 100 hp. The later models like the Super Cubs etc. had flaps. The Super Cruiser did not need flaps. I could not get it to stall sometimes when by myself trying to do spin recoveries.
          My Dad was a WW2 Army Air Corps veteran. I feel so fortunate to have been able to share the aviation experience with him.
          Great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by redleif View Post

Not knowing anything about airplanes my first thought was paint it green and it would look like it came off the set of Battle of the Bulge and Henry Fonda's character was flying it.

Seeing your Dad was an Army Air Corps Veteran makes me remember shaking the hand one day of a man wearing a WWII Army Air Corps cap. It was in a parking lot of the grocery store I went to all the time in Montgomery and it had to be 35 years ago. He walked with a cane and could barely get around. I never saw him parked in the Handicapped space
            Thanks for your Dad's service.

Comment

OPP...Thats plane phunny!

Comment

Man I wish I had taken up aviation at some point. I actually wish I had taken it up as a career, I just wasn’t exposed to it at the proper age.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may not believe what a game warden told me one time. Someone had turned me in for chasing their geese. I don't believe the season was even open but either way, they weren't hunting anyway. I was just doing my job spraying a nearby wheat field and had no idea they were anywhere around. Anyway, game warden had to come "investigate" even though he told them he knew what I was doing and why. In the course of our conversation he told me it was against the law to even look for deer from the air without the proper permit. You also cant photograph wildlife form the air without a permit.

Some dumb crap that the nanny state has come up with.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Was in the air for 2.4hrs this AM helping spot cattle. Here are some pics. Looks barren, but man the brush is really thick.

Comment

My Dad did not go overseas. The Army Air Corp kept him here as an instructor. He did primary training and bomber training at Columbus, Miss where I was born in 1945.
                          He told me late in his life that he had volunteered to fly the gliders that landed at night behind enemy lines with troops aboard. Thankfully the war ended before he could be assigned to that duty.
                          His generation were true patriots. Brave and Courageous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                            Everyone else - what kind of game camera do I need?
                            Jmh- an airplane
                            Hard flex bud lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2

Comment

Thanks for the airtime pics. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you. Wife won't let me buy another one.

Comment

Nice! Push some towards our place! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X