No announcement yet.

Bowhunt with glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a verifier peep & leave the glasses in the truck. You can't go wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
      Interesting! Never heard of a Verifier Peep. Will look into that. And I don't know how a smaller diameter peep would help the big fuzzy halo pin effect. And wouldn't it make it harder at low light situations?
      Just try it. Go from 1/4" peep to 1/8". Get a piece of electrical tape, drill smaller hole in it and temporarily put over current peep. You will lose some low light but life is about tadeoffs.
      Verifier will definitely help but can also fog, get wet, or dirty at worst time. They are also expesive. There is a simple guide to compare reader magnification vs verifier number you need.

Comment

I shoot my bow with glasses. I get the progressive lens in my glasses, and have a slight "double pin" in the front sight, but I do OK.

Comment

The reason I had Lasik. Haven't looked back

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
            Do I look at the Verifier or the Clarifier? I can't tell the difference other than they say the verifier is for hunting. Well, I shoot 3D too. And can't figure out the difference in my brief search so far. I like the idea, though.
            Verifier is for people that need reading glasses, blurry pins. Clarifier is for blurry targets.

Comment

Just get lasik. You can get 1 eye with near vision, 1 eye for far. Dr's can set you up with contacts first to see how/if you like it, and go from there. Glasses can break, be dropped, bumped, get dirty, fog up, smudge, or any combination of those things, all of which make shooting a bow very difficult.

Comment

I have a verifier peep on all my bows, you will break arrows again. Best thing that ever came out with.
                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_s_lpHqHXo"]Specialty Arch Verifier HD 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pKeIPOheeDc"]Verifier vs Clarifier - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Just get lasik. You can get 1 eye with near vision, 1 eye for far. Dr's can set you up with contacts first to see how/if you like it, and go from there. Glasses can break, be dropped, bumped, get dirty, fog up, smudge, or any combination of those things, all of which make shooting a bow very difficult.

I had one near contact and one car. HATED IT!!

Comment

I just need to figure out which one I need so I can order it. My shop doesn’t carry them....yet.

Comment

Theses folks can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytbowhunter View Post
                        yes!!

Comment

Working...
                        X