Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
    No one else having any luck in the panhandle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We took this 148" deer last Saturday evening on our place in Kent co.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer!

No I haven't had any luck. Been slow lately and everything is coming in at night. Its also been horrible windy.

Comment

Whats the movement been like in Collingsworth County? heading up that way late sunday night for a few days.

Comment

Curious if any of y’all hunt in Sherman county or surrounding counties? I’m looking at some new properties up there and have some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by St59 View Post
            Curious if any of y’all hunt in Sherman county or surrounding counties? I’m looking at some new properties up there and have some questions.
            Sherman is mostly flat farm land. Great goose and pheasant hunting. There are a few deer but not like the eastern panhandle because there is not much cover. I used to hunt geese and pheasant around cactus and Stratford.

Comment

Heading up tomorrow for management bucks.

Comment

I hunt Collingsworth Co... Seems like the moon has been killing me on hunting this season. Bright nights=no deer in daylight. Agree or disagree?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bofos View Post
                  I hunt Collingsworth Co... Seems like the moon has been killing me on hunting this season. Bright nights=no deer in daylight. Agree or disagree?

The telemetry studies I've seen state there's no statistically significant relationship between any phase of the moon and deer movement. Not sure I have much of an opinion because I'm going hunting regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by bofos View Post

I see most of my deer during full moon and I have found my "best time to hunt" calendar useless.

Comment

I'm still deerless for the season. I took a good friend these last few days and he killed his buck and almost filled his doe tags.

Jeff, are we going into another rut? I'm seeing a lot of scrape activity again and several bucks cruising like they are trailing does.

Comment

Appreciate the input guys... I'm like you kry- I'm going hunting anyway.

Comment

How's the activity in Hall County lately? I expect to be on stand by the 23rd, and the family and I will be "home" for about 10 days. Should be hitting at least some part of the 2nd rut.

Comment

I’m up in Donley County with my daughter. Been slow so far but have some pictures of the biggest 6-pointer I’ve ever seen. I’m trying to attach a picture from my phone (no tapatalk). We’ll see if this works...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                              I’m up in Donley County with my daughter. Been slow so far but have some pictures of the biggest 6-pointer I’ve ever seen. I’m trying to attach a picture from my phone (no tapatalk). We’ll see if this works...
                              What a trophy. If love to have that guy on the wall!!!

Comment

Stick him!

Comment

Working...
                                X