Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Guineafowl to keep snakes out of the yard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint View Post
    I'd rather have the snakes.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Get barn cats- don't make noise, no mess, and you wont see them much when you are out. I got 6 Guinea when I had chickens. They made a mess on the porch and made enough noise to make it about 2 weeks. Gave my kid a box of #6 shot and told him to get rid of them.

My question is: what is a "Barn Cat"? I mean, how do you go and buy a "Barn Cat"??? surely it's not a breed name! and where do you buy one?

I hate cats... know nothing about them,,,, but in order to get rid of some mice and rats I'm willing to buy one to stay outside....

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
        My question is: what is a "Barn Cat"? I mean, how do you go and buy a "Barn Cat"??? surely it's not a breed name! and where do you buy one?

I hate cats... know nothing about them,,,, but in order to get rid of some mice and rats I'm willing to buy one to stay outside....
        Get a free cat. Feed it just enough to survive for month. Then its on its own.

Comment

A barn cat is a cat that lives in the barn. If you don’t have a barn, then it will be a garage cat. It strongly resembles a house cat and may or may not clean the horse **** out of the barn, depending on how well you train it. Cats are easy to train..........

Comment

I used to hunt wild guineas when I lived in Africa, as a boy. Extremely tough bird to hunt.

Comment

A fence won't keep them guineas in. Dem birds fly like quail birds and go where they please until the critters eat em all. BTW if you hatch guinea eggs under a hen they will imprint on the hen and think they are a chicken and stay around longer. Young 2/3 grown guinea is some delish to eat. Imagine eating a one pound quail bird grilled over mesquite.

Comment

Get a Jack Russell. But then again it may run your other dogs off. Bad little dogs.

Comment

Cats are a better option than Guineas. Free ranging shikens and guineas around the house like to chit on the porches, sidewalks and car ports........

Comment

Ouch

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                    I'd rather have the snakes.
                    LOL

I'd rather have cats or a rescue'd terrier that lived outside.
                    Guinea hens are best way out at the barn or on someone else's place.

Comment

My wife shot our guineas, would squak the whole time she would be in the barn, she couldn't stand it any longer

Comment

Dad has one but that thing is mean as hail to the chickens

Comment

How do the guinea eggs taste versus a regular chicken? Just wondering...

Comment

Working...
                          X