Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019-20 Grayson/Cooke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had one doe come thru right at daylight at around 150yards. Nothing since. Trying to stay less than 100 for him

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      Doe down!! With my patrol car..

I hit one and the lady behind me drilled another one in the same group crossing thr road. Luckily I have a big grill guard and no damage. Her poor car is totaled.

Wasn't it Archery only season?

The best to you and your son this morning.

Comment

Well, no dice. We got down at 915, hollered at my lease buddy and told him we were headed out. He was making the loop in attempt to jump something up and bumped a cull who was standing 50 yards from the stand we just left from. Perfect deer to take. Of course I was peeved for a sec, but happy for him. Been my good friend for a long time. I'll let him post pics.

Comment

The boy and me back at it. Watching a stand that is frequented by an old bruiser we've named Captain Hook. Easily a 5+ year old 3 point. If everything coincides and the deer participate, it'll be an 80 yard shot. My boy is 9 and getting restless.. can only teach so much patience and "well hopefully we'll see something next time." He needs this deer..

Comment

The best to yall this morning. Come and get it Captain Hook!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              The best to yall this morning. Come and get it Captain Hook!
              Thanks..
              We gave it heck, but neither hide nor hair ot anything. I hate the fact that I catch myself getting mad at the deer. This is his 2nd season with me and not a single opportunity for him. I only have him every other weekend, so my time is very limited.. his patience is growing thin and has already mentioned not wanting to keep going.. its depressing..

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                Thanks..
                We gave it heck, but neither hide nor hair ot anything. I hate the fact that I catch myself getting mad at the deer. This is his 2nd season with me and not a single opportunity for him. I only have him every other weekend, so my time is very limited.. his patience is growing thin and has already mentioned not wanting to keep going.. its depressing..

I know the feel-n. Went through the every other weekend thing my self many years ago till I filed for full.

Duck season starts next weekend. Lots of action sometimes. And not required to sit and be quiet all the time. Just saying.

Comment

Had a big buck show up on camera a few times the last week of October, so hopefully he sticks around!

Comment

Originally posted by blide View Post
                    Had a big buck show up on camera a few times the last week of October, so hopefully he sticks around!
                    when you going after him?

Comment

Headed out again.. gonna get there a bit early to fill some feeders.. nothing specific on the menu.. wouldn't mind a good fat doe or funky cull.. obviously wishing for the mac daddy

Comment

In stand.. very very light sprinkle.. and shifting winds. Brought a set of sheds I had laying around.. may tickle em together after I let things settle for a few mins

Comment

Hope this rain hold off til dark. Just hearing my first rolls of thunder from the distance. Supposed to come torrential downpour tonight after dark.

Comment

Up and at em, again. Raining like hell all night. Showing lease area to have possibly gotten 2-3". Cold front arriving as I'm typing this.. winds switching from SW to N and temps going to drop quick.

Picked up a new 3d target yesterday and gonna take it to use as a decoy.. I've never used a decoy. Going to go ahead and open a bottle of doe in estrous.. I know its premature, but maybe itll bring out a young cull buck..

Going to me a muddy mess..

Comment

Gonna be a beautiful morning

Comment

I have used my and took the horns off. I had a lot of action coming in close to check it out. I dont like leaving witnesses when they discover something is up with the decoy,.

Comment

Working...
                                X