No announcement yet.

2019 College Football - Fall Camp Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE:The University of Texas football great and former NFL Chicago Bear running back, Cedric Benson, is dead after a motorcycle crash in Northwest Austin last night, according to state and national media outlets. ORIGINAL STORY. Multiple agencies are on scene of a crash between a motorcycle and a minivan that left two people dead in northwest Austin late Saturday night. Austin-Travis County EMS reported that the crash happened at the 5600 block of Mount Bonnell Road at 10:22 p. m.

A thread on Texags believe one if the deceased is Cedric Benson. Nothing official but supposedly Cedric’s brother has confirmed on Facebook. Really sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just saw it on Surly Horns. Sad.

RIP El Ced.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-18-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

We've made it. No more Saturdays without college football.

Comment

Sad. Mike Gaddis died just last week.

Comment

dang

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/apd...in-west-austin

A thread on Texags believe one if the deceased is Cedric Benson. Nothing official but supposedly Cedric’s brother has confirmed on Facebook. Really sad.

Sounds terrible! Prayers up for the family

Comment

RIP 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rip Ced and his passenger.

Comment

Terrible to hear. RIP sir.

Comment

Rip #32 one of my favorite horns growing up

Comment

University of Texas football great and former NFL player Cedric Benson died Saturday night in a motorcycle crash in West Austin, family members and friends said early Sunday.

Austin emergency officials told the American-Statesman that they are investigating the crash in the 5600 block Mount Bonnell Road after 10 p.m. Saturday and had information that Benson and a passenger were killed. Two other adults who were injured in the crash suffered non-fatal injuries. Official confirmation by the Travis County medical examiner could come later in the day Sunday.

Earlier in the evening, Benson, 36, posted a photo of a BMW motorcycle on his Instagram account with the caption “My Saturday Evening.”

On Sunday morning, several people were gathered at Benson’s West Austin home on West Courtyard Drive and appeared to be mourning outside on a patio. A Facebook post on Sunday morning from Benson’s relative, Dominic Benson, read, “No no no no no no God no!!!! Why him man!!!!! Not Ced man.”

Mack Brown, the former Longhorns coach who recruited Benson to Texas, responded to an Instagram post, saying, “We lost a great one way too soon #RIP.”

Comment

‪Horrible just horrible .... RIP 32!‬

Comment

Terrible news about Ced and his passenger. Enjoyed watching him run the ball at Texas.

Comment

Rip 32

Comment

Dang. 32 was a beast at UT.
                                RIP Ced

Comment

Working...
                                X