Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
    ARWR: First posted here at $29. Now at $73. Just saying'.
    And several TBH members have PM'ed me, telling me that they bought. That pleases me greatly.
    I bought, because I have bs money to use for fun. Average price per share is around 40 for me. I bought in the dip a couple weeks back at around 60 too.

Comment

I’ve got some in the market but the majority of my investable funds are in non-publicly traded entities. Returns every year have killed what the market does. Diversify and stick to what and who you know.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
        I’ve got some in the market but the majority of my investable funds are in non-publicly traded entities. Returns every year have killed what the market does. Diversify and stick to what and who you know.

Such as?

Comment

Bank Stock
          Some oil and gas
          Real estate

I’m really into a lot of different things.

My one flyer is an investment in a distillery.

Comment

So.... Arrowhead Pharmaceutical is plunging. Anyone know why?

Comment

Let someone who manages money for a living handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                I disagree here. Dave Ramsey preaches front loaded mutual funds where you're paying 5% before any work is done on the part of the advisor. He is great for saving, getting out of debt and managing money, but I wouldn't pass along his investment strategy.
                I have to wholeheartedly disagree with the “Dave Ramsey preaches front loaded mutual funds” statement. I have listed to his podcasts and read all of his books along with the other team members’ books. They all emphasize no-load funds with long term history of performance.

If you want to read his Total Money Makeover book and are willing to pass along the book to someone else after you are done, PM me an address and I will send you a free copy. I have several.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  The hype is over. Big investors sold high volume at all-time high causing a panic and everyone started unloading.

Comment

Target Corp(TGT) up 66% in the last 12 months.
                    Activision Blizzard Inc(ATVI) up 28% in the last 12 months.
                    Medtronic PLC(MDT) up 39% in the last 12 months.
                    T. Rowe Price Blue Chip Growth Fund(TRBCX) 2019 29.97%

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      Hope you made some money in it.

Comment

Buy land. They are not making anymore! Acreage that sold for 50k four years ago is going for 340k today.

Comment

It’s a long game. First $10K, Buy SPY (S&P index fund), hold and just have the dividends reinvested. Now, years later, it’s been a huge winner. Its diversified (key). It’s all about time, reinvesting dividends and letting compounding do its thing. Individual stocks can be good but you need to do your research.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                            The hype is over. Big investors sold high volume at all-time high causing a panic and everyone started unloading.
                            I'm waiting for a response from the guy hyping it on here. Stock is down 33% in the last month...

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                              I'm waiting for a response from the guy hyping it on here. Stock is down 33% in the last month...
                              He will post when it goes back up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_Fingers View Post
                                It’s a long game. First $10K, Buy SPY (S&P index fund), hold and just have the dividends reinvested. Now, years later, it’s been a huge winner. Its diversified (key). It’s all about time, reinvesting dividends and letting compounding do its thing. Individual stocks can be good but you need to do your research.
                                S&P Index fund has done my 401K well. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X