No announcement yet.

Carta Valley Anthrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a map over and talked to Juan best I could. The 3 we have found he has already saw and counted all but the BB. So 6 WT deer and 1 BB so far. Buzzards aren’t touching any of them but I just put a coon out that got killed last night and there are 7-10 buzzards circling within 20 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last shed from buck we found this week dead . 4.5 shed

Comment

Very sorry to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Took a map over and talked to Juan best I could. The 3 we have found he has already saw and counted all but the BB. So 6 WT deer and 1 BB so far. Buzzards aren’t touching any of them but I just put a coon out that got killed last night and there are 7-10 buzzards circling within 20 min.

Yeah its weird..buzzards will land on a fresh anthrax kill. But only a few buzzards have the beak to open the carcass. Once that guy shows up he is like the quality inspector. The may eat the eyes out or something small like that. But then the leave..somehow they know.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Last shed from buck we found this week dead . 4.5 shed

That sucks!

Comment

Carta Valley Anthrax

Sorry to hear this JT. We are out West and looks like our deer are OK so far. I’ve been reading stories on FB and really hope our place is far enough out of the triangle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This hurts my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by SanSaba007 View Post
                  Was hit hard on a lease between Rock Springs and Del Rio in the early 90’s. Went from seeing 15-20 animals a hunt to maybe seeing 1 deer during a whole day of hunting.

This wasn’t Spanish Gourd ranch was it?

Comment

Truly sad that I am riding around in 100 plus degree temps sniffing out dead deer. Using just my nose just found another deer. Couple weeks old. Could have died giving birth. 4 little extra ft laying with carcass that you can tell were still inside .

Comment

Ranch owner and his son are almost here. Will be here in about Hr

Comment

Ozona area is getting hit as well. Livestock and deer. Horrible situation.

Comment

Man that sucks. Is it even safe to be around the carcasses?

Comment

Hope so - not touching nothing. Juan is still alive and found out today he cut head off this one and hung in tree [emoji15]

Just found a solid 10 pt - deer was 3. Exactly what we were trying to accomplish when bought deer 5 years ago . First 10 pt non tagged we have seen here in few years We used to shoot big mature 7 and 8 pats.

Comment

I found a fawn dead in the feed pen here in montell. I’m thinking it just couldn’t get out. So far that’s all I have found dead so far. Setting here on the porch, I catch a smell of something dead when the wind blows out of the canyon. I’ll hike down there later today and see if I can find it.

Comment

Went to my lease today. Saw one dead deer, smelled some more but didn’t go look, don’t see the point of finding them. In my mind time will reveal the impact. It really sucks but I can’t say I wasn’t aware this was a possibility. I topped off my feeders, way, way less feed consumption. Going to look at the cameras and see what’s up. Hoping our deer herd can weather the storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X