No announcement yet.

2019/2020 bosque county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a nice deer. We have had zero activity at the feeders for a couple of weeks. Even my hand corn spots have been slow. I set a new stand Sunday afternoon on a pipeline with a couple of large red oaks across from me. Getting deer within 30 yards has been tough but I have seen a couple of shooters trailing does that I could have got if we were rifle hunting.

Comment

That is why I lived one of my stands. Same issue. All rifle range and no bow range. Put it in weekend before, came back, and cows and donkey only thing on corn. 1700+ pictures in 6 days and all cows and donkey in area for corn. BUT... Trails didn’t disappoint and Rattling right now (or at least Past weekend) was good for many.

Comment

Dad got one this morning. Rattled and few minutes later this guy stepped out made a scrap and jumped in feeder. Shortly after jumping out of feeder he shot. Went a bout 50 yards and piled up. Rifle kill. 7.62x39 123 grain SST. 18.5” inside.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
          Dad got one this morning. Rattled and few minutes later this guy stepped out made a scrap and jumped in feeder. Shortly after jumping out of feeder he shot. Went a bout 50 yards and piled up. Rifle kill. 7.62x39 123 grain SST. 18.5” inside.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-
          He's a nice one. Congratulations to your Dad!

Comment

Congratulations to your dad. Had the activity picked up at all or just that guy coming to horns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
              Congratulations to your dad. Had the activity picked up at all or just that guy coming to horns?

It’s very slow. Got here around 1 Friday afternoon and 2:45 had a young buck chasing a doe come by and that’s it. Dad saw nothing. This morning this buck came in alone. I saw nothing.

After this mornings hunt we went to town for more ice and saw three bucks chasing a doe. So we hurried up and got back in the stand.

Things are off not sure y but haven’t heard very many shots this year from surrounding places either. One feeder has been turned off for a couple weeks now and still has corn piled up under it. Acorns are slim and what’s there are rotten. Idk!

Comment

I didn't see any deer yesterday on the public land but I got lucky and shot two doe this morning.

Comment

Been incredibly slow on our place this season. We've been completely skunked on more than one weekend.

Comment

We had a bunch of activity after the rain on Friday. Two bucks were shot on our lease. The rest of the weekend was slow.

Comment

Great bucks posted above. Congrats to both hunters.

Does anyone have the story on the McLennan County buck entered into the Clifton Chambers Big Buck contest? Has tons of character similar to allot of the corps bucks taken around Lake Waco in the past.

Breck and I hunted our river grounds early this week and saw a few bucks on there feet during day light. Just a matter of time.......

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        Great bucks posted above. Congrats to both hunters.

Does anyone have the story on the McLennan County buck entered into the Clifton Chambers Big Buck contest? Has tons of character similar to allot of the corps bucks taken around Lake Waco in the past.

Breck and I hunted our river grounds early this week and saw a few bucks on there feet during day light. Just a matter of time.......

Rwc
                        No info but wow what a monster. I think that’s the highest scoring buck I have ever seen in that contest

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                          No info but wow what a monster. I think that’s the highest scoring buck I have ever seen in that contest

Where are y’all seeing this buck at? Is there a web site?

Comment

Big Buck Contest at Clifton Feed & Service in Clifton, TX. Call us at (254) 675-3416.

Comment

Search the Clifton feed store on Facebook. There is a big buck 2019 photo album.

Last edited by Peacock; 11-30-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post

Thanks I kept typing in all kinds of stuff and it kept bringing up older contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X