X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    How so? It was the first real test for them this year and they did not have Drew. Dak needs to pick it up and coach needs to call better plays

What kind of plays do you suggest? The Touchdown play? I like it when they call those [emoji23]

To my amateur eye it looked like after the Saints front took care of the run so well, the Saints DBs took away the deeper stuff trying to keep everything in front of them. This forced all the short stuff we saw and their DBs played so much tighter than our Marinelli zone BS. They ran to the ball and stopped what we could complete or just flat out knocked balls down. Dallas did the same with the deep balls but our DBs were 3-5 yards behind on most of the dink and dunk plays chasing WRs giving Bridgewater plenty of open looks. Their backup QB out dinked and dunked our starting dink and dunk QB. ... their defense outplayed ours. And then Dak misses a wide open Cobb in the end zone. Can’t do that in these type of games. Bridgewater didn’t miss much looking like the QB the Vikings still wish they had.

Yes the defense held them to 12 points but they lost the time of possession battle all night keeping our offense off the field to try to get something going. Just a **** game all the way around.

Did I say Dak missed a wide open Cobb in the end zone? That was the play or lack thereof.... of the game.
    Last edited by Smart; 09-30-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      What kind of plays do you suggest? The Touchdown play? I like it when they call those [emoji23]

To my amateur eye it looked like after the Saints front took care of the run so well, the Saints DBs took away the deeper stuff trying to keep everything in front of them. This forced all the short stuff we saw and their DBs played so much tighter than our Marinelli zone BS. They ran to the ball and stopped what we could complete or just flat out knocked balls down. Dallas did the same with the deep balls but our DBs were 3-5 yards behind on most of the dink and dunk plays chasing WRs giving Bridgewater plenty of open looks. Their backup QB out dinked and dunked our starting dink and dunk QB. ... their defense outplayed ours. And then Dak misses a wide open Cobb in the end zone. Can’t do that in these type of games. Bridgewater didn’t miss much looking like the QB the Vikings still wish they had.

Yes the defense held them to 12 points but they lost the time of possession battle all night keeping our offense off the field to try to get something going. Just a **** game all the way around.

Did I say Dak missed a wide open Cobb in the end zone? That was the play or lack thereof.... of the game.
      That and the two fumbles really hurt

Comment

When I saw Garrett clapping after every Saints big play I knew the game was lost

Comment

They lost to a great team and a great coach In their house by 3 points. If It makes anyone feel better the falcons are in last place of a division with Tampa bay and the Cam less panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            They lost to a great team and a great coach In their house by 3 points. If It makes anyone feel better the falcons are in last place of a division with Tampa bay and the Cam less panthers.
            Well played sir, well played!!![emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              The Steve Gleason statue looks awesome!
              Yes it does.[emoji108] It was good to see him at the game.....that dude is a fighter!!![emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                Next 3 out of 4 games will tell us the story. I’d be happy with 2-2 next 4 games 5-2@ halfway mark. Anything better I will be ecstatic! Go Cowboys!
                Dang it i hate my own prediction. Defense played well to hold them to 12pts offense had their chances and couldnt come thru. We will bounce back against the jets and one of the home games next.

Comment

Hey at least we didn’t get beat with a bomb to Ted Ginn jr.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                    Agree but it was 2 points.

Comment

I can see 6 losses for this team! They have a brutal schedule this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                        Hey at least we didn’t get beat with a bomb to Ted Ginn jr.....
                        Not sure why C.J. keeps him on the squad.....hard to watch all that bobbling after simple catches.[emoji3061]

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          How so? It was the first real test for them this year and they did not have Drew. Dak needs to pick it up and coach needs to call better plays
                          They lost their first "real test". As in, they lost one game. Does that mean they can't win against the Packers? No. One game does not define a team, player or season. That was my point. They can adjust to what they saw against the Saints and practice a new strategy this week. Have confidence in the team!
                          Go Cowboys.

Comment

It’s just one loss, but the way they lost had Garrett all over it.

70% running plays on 1st down in the first half.

2 deep safeties and 6 man boxes all night, Zeke and the o-line got owned.

Dak ran the ball one time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It can literally always be worse. We could be the Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                                It can literally always be worse. We could be the Texans.

Well sir, to reach that lofty goal, you’re gonna need a lot crappier O-line.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X