This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Pretty much every measuring means out there has him 3rd to 6th. You don’t have to believe it for it to be true.

Still don’t think he’s worth 38 mil, but the numbers would suggest he is. They have a lot of cap room...Zeke is where they screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t believe Dak hurts this team, but i don’t believe he helps it either. His floor is middle of the road an ceiling 5-10, but them dumbly giving zeke contract has made it even more a problem to pay Dak what he thinks he worth. You could’ve lived with slightly over paying for Dak if you don’t do the zeke contract, but now they’ll just all look like bad deals in the end I’m afraid.

Comment

Pretty much every measuring means out there has him 3rd to 6th. You don’t have to believe it for it to be true.

Still don’t think he’s worth 38 mil, but the numbers would suggest he is. They have a lot of cap room...Zeke is where they screwed up.

Man you can't let that go can you. They paid the man, they SHOULD have paid the man, and we have him for a long time now like it or not. He does nothing but help this team and a lot! Cap is not an issue, they can pay everyone if they want but I don't think Dak is even top 10 at the position, stats or not. Look at the ears game he had 110 yards in the first 3 quarters and ended up over 300 in garbage time. Stats don't tell the story, tape does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dak is average at best when he is the focus of this or any other offense. Zeek got paid in part for what he did in the past and has a few more great years left. People think running backs like Zeek are a dime a dozen and he is far from an average back. It's amazing how much better the running game works out when there isn't one or two defenders in the backfield on just about every play... One guy could run under those circumstances and he retired from the lions long ago.

What is needed is for both of the lines to play up to their potential. Amazing what the defense looks like when it's the Cowboys line that is playing on the other side of the line of scrimmage.
        Last edited by Pedernal; 12-18-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
          Man you can't let that go can you. They paid the man, they SHOULD have paid the man, and we have him for a long time now like it or not. He does nothing but help this team and a lot! Cap is not an issue, they can pay everyone if they want but I don't think Dak is even top 10 at the position, stats or not. Look at the ears game he had 110 yards in the first 3 quarters and ended up over 300 in garbage time. Stats don't tell the story, tape does

There’s nothing to let go, it was a stupid move then, and it remains so.

There’s a reason quarterbacks get payed and running backs don’t. You can find a running back in the 2nd round of any draft, you can draft QBs in the top 10 and odds are they won’t give you the production Dak does. Those are facts.

(BTW, they aren’t drafting in the top 10 anytime soon).

Comment

Yall arguing over paying the talent when the reality is with a good coach and system in place all that talent will perform much better than they do now.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              I don’t believe Dak to be a top 10 qb an the price tag he will want will hamstring the team beyond what he can make up for in his own

Ok then, not gonna argue....

I'll give you this though. If Dak doesn't stop or slow down on the coach talk, I may jump sides and say FIRE HIM! Yee haaaw!!! The worse thing JG may have done is instill a robotic instinct in his players to talk about all three phases...

Comment

I was watching CNN a little while ago and I think congress is impeaching Jason garret today.

Comment

There’s nothing to let go, it was a stupid move then, and it remains so.

There’s a reason quarterbacks get payed and running backs don’t. You can find a running back in the 2nd round of any draft, you can draft QBs in the top 10 and odds are they won’t give you the production Dak does. Those are facts.

(BTW, they aren’t drafting in the top 10 anytime soon).

We will never agree on this, I think 100% they did the right thing paying Zeke. He is the best player on this team and its not even close. Bottom line I don't think Dak is anything but an average QB, but we have no choice but to pay him. If we don't essentially that's hitting the reset button and this team has a five year window with the talent on the roster, just can't do that. Personally I would like to see us take the Cousins route with him and just franchise him, instead of give him a long term deal. He will never get the money back he gave up this year by playing on a 2mill deal instead of the 32mill he was offered (Which I still don't get turning it down if your gonna play the whole year on it) and thats about the number he is worth.

Comment

We will never agree on this, I think 100% they did the right thing paying Zeke. He is the best player on this team and its not even close. Bottom line I don't think Dak is anything but an average QB, but we have no choice but to pay him. If we don't essentially that's hitting the reset button and this team has a five year window with the talent on the roster, just can't do that. Personally I would like to see us take the Cousins route with him and just franchise him, instead of give him a long term deal. He will never get the money back he gave up this year by playing on a 2mill deal instead of the 32mill he was offered (Which I still don't get turning it down if your gonna play the whole year on it) and thats about the number he is worth.
                    Wow, I did not realize he turned down $32 mil. Not only is he average an qb but he is not be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Comment

Go Cowboys Go!!

I strongly dislike the eagles!! Hope the Boys delievery a beat down!!
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 12-22-2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Could not agree more, not signing your best player makes zero sense. The very first thing a defensive Coordinator does is figure out how to stop Zeke, they know if they can shut him down that Dak cannot beat them with his arm or his decisions. All this talk about any old running back in the second or third round is bs, when you listen to coaches speak they constantly talk about being able to run the ball and able to stop the run, sure is a lot of emphasis put on it since the NFL no longer runs the ball. Dak is 7-7, as middle of the road as you can get, there are at least 12 QB's I would take before Dak, there is not a running back that i would take ahead of Zeke although Barkley would be tough to pass on.

Comment

Are the cowboys offense still rated number one or two was it? And Dak has more passing yards than any one in the league I believe. all this on a sub par year from Elliott. Or any run game for that matter.
                          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 12-22-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Zek is fine. He can BPU well. He rarely turns it over. He rarely loses yards. He lacks the break away speed and the spin moves that give you the WOW factor. Dak is the same way. He just doesn't WOW you much. He struggles the most when his 1st reads are covered and has to throw it quickly to his second option. His arm beats his feet to the throw when it should be the opposite. I like em both.

The head scratcher to me is the OC. I know they are ranked highly on offense. But Kellan Moore has been given the keys to a Ferrari when he has only driven a Pinto as a coach. He might be the greatest but no college coaching and 2-3 years in the NFL aren't much help for a young guy like Dak when the crap hits the oscillating rotator.

The defense hasn't gotten take aways and that's enough to lose 1-2 games for ya right there.

Oh well!

They are playing for the NFC East chumpionship today. That's exciting enough for me. All or nothing.

Go Cowboys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Zek is fine. He can BPU well. He rarely turns it over. He rarely loses yards. He lacks the break away speed and the spin moves that give you the WOW factor. Dak is the same way. He just doesn't WOW you much. He struggles the most when his 1st reads are covered and has to throw it quickly to his second option. His arm beats his feet to the throw when it should be the opposite. I like em both.

The head scratcher to me is the OC. I know they are ranked highly on offense. But Kellan Moore has been given the keys to a Ferrari when he has only driven a Pinto as a coach. He might be the greatest but no college coaching and 2-3 years in the NFL aren't much help for a young guy like Dak when the crap hits the oscillating rotator.

The defense hasn't gotten take aways and that's enough to lose 1-2 games for ya right there.

Oh well!

They are playing for the NFC East chumpionship today. That's exciting enough for me. All or nothing.

Go Cowboys!!

WOW factor was there with Zeje the last two years, he was explosive and could break one off at any moment. I remember his first year i think it was anyhow. He turned Earl Thomas into road kill. He is super talented but didn’t see it this years as much after his pay day. Hes been pretty healthy This season too. I think it’s been opposite for Dak, a few wow factors over the years but this year there was about as many as he has more for me any how than all seasons combined. He has improved every year. And he is ALWAYS under center. Hasn’t missed a game yet QBR is still high on the league list. Dallas has issues but I don’t personally think quarterback play is high on the list. Can’t wait to see him with better coaching around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                                Are the cowboys offense still rated number one or two was it? And Dak has more passing yards than any one in the league I believe. all this on a sub par year from Elliott. Or any run game for that matter.
                                Maybe a down year from him, sub par ? he made the pro bowl. I don't care how many passing yards Dak has, lots of them were garbage yards, he is 7-7.

Comment

Working...
                                X