This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    I hear and read about all this talent, are they really that talented ? I doubt they are as talented as most think
    I do believe jj's marketing strategy is to over hype these guys. probably to the point they believe it themselves and start "sniffing themselves". lol. the media plays into as well.

at the end of the day jj only cares about the money not the wins or sb wins he alleges he cares about. he understand what he has and what he is doing. unfortunately the fans buy into it every season and then are up in arms when the cowboys don't accomplish anything. its pretty comical in my opinion. the cowboys will be the same team they have been for the past 20 years till jj has passed. All yall that think a new coach is going to change it are buying into the same old bs

Comment

I may be in the minority but it starts with the QB, Dak is not making plays when needed the most and he misses on pedestrian passes regularly, look at josh Allen, he makes plays, overall I just don't think the team is nearly as talented as advertised, couple that with poor coaching and average QB play and you get 8-8. As far as stats go, W and L 's are all that really matter.

Comment

Jerry’s a billionaire playing fantasy football. He likes to draft, trade and tinker. It’s his team, his rules. He’s making a **** ton of money so he’s not getting hurt. I think it’d be fun as hell myself. Only when it hurts his pocketbook will you see a change and I don’t see that happening so you either role with it, stop watching, or find another team to hate on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
          Jerry’s a billionaire playing fantasy football. He likes to draft, trade and tinker. It’s his team, his rules. He’s making a **** ton of money so he’s not getting hurt. I think it’d be fun as hell myself. Only when it hurts his pocketbook will you see a change and I don’t see that happening so you either role with it, stop watching, or find another team to hate on.
          I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            His quote "Without Jason Garrett, we have 'zero chance' at Super Bowl run"

Only reaffirms what erbody knows. JJ needs hire a GM and let somebody that knows football and coaching run the team. Hard to believe a man that knows how to make money like him is that stupid when it comes to coaching and winning games.
            Pride can be a terrible thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              I hear and read about all this talent, are they really that talented ? I doubt they are as talented as most think
              It would be interesting to see what even a "good" coach, not Belichick (sp?) or Jimmy, or Parcells, but say S. Payton could do w/ this "talent". I doubt we'll ever know as long a JJ owns / GM's the team. The next coach will likely be a Garrett starter kit. Someone Jerry knows, and someone that will let JJ do as he pleases. Another Jason Garrett 'yes man' type. I hope i'm wrong.

I've said it here in previous seasons, and nothing has happened to change my mind: This team is doomed.

Comment

JJ is a business man and he's doing a great job building an extremely profitable team. He knows he doesn't need to win a SB to rake in the piles of cash. Somebody said it before, once the profits start dipping then things will change, but probably not happening for America's Team.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  I do believe jj's marketing strategy is to over hype these guys. probably to the point they believe it themselves and start "sniffing themselves". lol. the media plays into as well.

at the end of the day jj only cares about the money not the wins or sb wins he alleges he cares about. he understand what he has and what he is doing. unfortunately the fans buy into it every season and then are up in arms when the cowboys don't accomplish anything. its pretty comical in my opinion. the cowboys will be the same team they have been for the past 20 years till jj has passed. All yall that think a new coach is going to change it are buying into the same old bs
                  A new coach may not really affect the W/L column alot, but I get tired of "the clapper", working the process, and stay on an even keel.

Unless you are way superior to your opponent, emotions can lift your performance. If you go into games with "an even keel" you just might get outplayed. I think/feel you have to have a "burning desire" to not be a step late or just go thru the motions of a football game.

Comment

Even Garrett has to be ready to gtfo of Dodge pretty quick. He looks like he’s ready to cry every game.

Comment

Word on the radio on Wednesday was that if / when Garrett gets fired, he will be a front runner for the Giants job. What in the world, in the whole wide world, could the NYG's ownership / management team (or any other NFL club for that matter) see in Jason Garrett that would make them think he's a viable NFL head coach?

Comment

Probably his 83-65 career record and the fact that he has been in that division is whole coaching career. It’s time him and Dallas part ways no doubt. But he isn’t a scrub coach IMO esp in that division. He Should know it like the back of his hand now. Giants or Washington would be stupid not to atleast take a look at him
                        Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-29-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

listened to JJ interview today....it was from yesterday.....he is not going to fire JG....he loves him....he made him a coach. I do not think he will be the head coach next year but he will be upstairs to stroke JJ and keep his glass full. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            Word on the radio on Wednesday was that if / when Garrett gets fired, he will be a front runner for the Giants job. What in the world, in the whole wide world, could the NYG's ownership / management team (or any other NFL club for that matter) see in Jason Garrett that would make them think he's a viable NFL head coach?
                            No viable alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              listened to JJ interview today....it was from yesterday.....he is not going to fire JG....he loves him....he made him a coach. I do not think he will be the head coach next year but he will be upstairs to stroke JJ and keep his glass full. Unreal.
                              He does not have to fire him, contract is up, I seriously doubt he stays around, I bet he gets another shot with someone, everyone on here says you cannot win with jerry being the gm, maybe other gm like Garrett and feels like jerry is the reason for losing

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                An article I read last week said Garrett's camp floated the idea of Garrett going to the New York Football Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X