This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    You can have all 1st rounders but without the glue to put it all together it's still a bunch of wood chips. Garrett is nowhere near being able to do that. Nor is coach Jones.
    .....amen Brake....dead on

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Put down the crack pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Look at stats if you don’t think he’s right..Brady is lost this season

Comment

I did not expect them to go up to NE and win, I did expect them to give them a game and for the most part they did. The defense did what they had to do, only gave up 3, the other 10 were a result of turnover and bad special teams play. The offense has been a problem for awhile, a high octane offense should be scoring more points, really critical against quality opponents, the offense was in position to win several games and just has not lived up to the task.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Zeke shouldn't have been paid what he got and his production is down. I still think he is one of the 3 best in the league. The issues are with the coaching and playcalling. They never make any adjustments to get him going or use him enough in the passing game besides dumping it off after he comes out of the backfield. I mean throw some **** screens for a change!

Comment

Look, Dak is a kid from a humble and solid background....Haughton, LA....you ever been there? I have....nice lil community, but, hardly the "Dallas Cowboys" (and all that entails) Starkville, MS ain't either....

4th round
              4th year
              He's come a loooooooong way.....

I've been fortunate enough to be around and mentored by world class athletes my entire life.....mostly golfers (one world #1 and another who would have been a top ten if they'd had the rankings in his time) and one tennis player (#9 in the world) ....was around them a LOT.... witnessed "it" being developed......for MOST it takes a long time to develop themselves to their maximum....a LOT of ups and downs, but, they just keep stubbornly climbing.... "It" takes a level of commitment and passion most simply cannot conceive, much less DO.....personally I think Dak is doing A-ok..... compare his accomplishments to his peers over the past 4 seasons.....

As for Garrett.....

A coach has to be a leader.....a HEAD coach a LEADER of leaders.....I've defended Garrett in the past because I think he's dealing with a 10 figure egotistical football moron.....after that last series in MN no more.....he simply ain't it..... you can see the players like him, but, don't fear/respect him....watch how they react to him monkey clapping when exiting the field.....

IMOP, Garrett is a better than average head coach, but, he's simply not THE leader that a situation like Dallas requires. To be honest, as long as piano wire is alive and in charge I'm not sure there's one on planet earth.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-25-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

One other thing, I think Garrett has pretty well "lost" the team now....not going for it yesterday on 4th and 7 represented a bit more than a 1st down....that was THE play.....if they make it they might well have won.....even if they didn't make it NE was in a helluva' hole.....either way Garrett would have shown his commitment and belief....instead he didn't.... IMOP anyway

Dak, and a couple of others (primarily Dak), are going to have to hold this deal together through all of the "static" over the next 5 games. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes....
                Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-25-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                  One other thing, I think Garrett has pretty well "lost" the team now....not going for it yesterday on 4th and 7 represented a bit more than a 1st down....that was THE play.....if they make it they might well have won.....even if they didn't make it NE was in a helluva' hole.....either way Garrett would have shown his commitment and belief....instead he didn't.... IMOP anyway

Dak, and a couple of others (primarily Dak), are going to have to hold this deal together through all of the "static" over the next 5 games. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes....
                  Odds of them making a 4th and seven down there on the goal line were slim, they already had 3 shots at it, Dak could have ran for it on the third down in place of throwing that ridiculous pass. I think the Cowboys had a better chance of hitting a big play and scoring from 20-25 yards out than getting down inside the 10 and scoring. Had Garret gone for it on either of the fourth down plays and failed we would be hearing how stupid the call was, how could you even think about going for it on the number 1 defense, blah blah blah, no way Garrett can win this hind sight discussion unless he went for it and made it. I am no coach but it did not even cross my mind to go for it on the two plays in question.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    Odds of them making a 4th and seven down there on the goal line were slim, they already had 3 shots at it, Dak could have ran for it on the third down in place of throwing that ridiculous pass. I think the Cowboys had a better chance of hitting a big play and scoring from 20-25 yards out than getting down inside the 10 and scoring. Had Garret gone for it on either of the fourth down plays and failed we would be hearing how stupid the call was, how could you even think about going for it on the number 1 defense, blah blah blah, no way Garrett can win this hind sight discussion unless he went for it and made it. I am no coach but it did not even cross my mind to go for it on the two plays in question.
                    TOTALLY understand and agree with you....

EXCEPT, champions faced with adversity and the odds stacked against them have to take the shot.....THE shot....THE play.....and they make em....because they've got the internal belief to try.....most of the time anyway.....going for a second serve.... taking a long 3.....cutting the corner of the dogleg or the towering flop off a poor lie over a bunker....the onside kick or quick slant to Harper on 3rd down deep in your own end with less than 4 minutes to go in San Fran....Street to Speyer in '69 in Fayetteville....

Sometimes, on a very rare occasion, you just have to buck the odds and go for it....you win, you win....you lose, you lose....but at least you had the believe in yourself (or the team) to give er' a go....and that internal belief, "internal arrogance," is what makes em IMOP....and it's built by having the confidence to let er' fly without fear of a "result".... quite often against substantial odds...

In this case......they never got the chance
                    Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-25-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

Let me add this, Dak has 4 first round picks on the O line, the number 4 picks in the draft in Zeke and Amari, one of the best number two receivers and slot receivers in the Nfl, give all that to a great QB and they would hang 50 on a lot of teams, just saying.
                      Garrett has ALL of that and can’t get a win from a playoff contending team in four tries this year. No way that’s on Dak, Coaching issue. every reputable coach has out coached Garrett this year. I’m not even saying Garrett bad he just isn’t good enough.
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-25-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

3 things that WILL happen this offseason
                        #1Dak will get 30+ mill per year
                        #2 Garret will get fired and get another job the next day
                        #3 Jerry will still own the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                          3 things that WILL happen this offseason
                          #1Dak will get 30+ mill per year
                          #2 Garret will get fired and get another job the next day
                          #3 Jerry will still own the Cowboys.
                          Hehehe Hehehe Hehehe.....sad but dead on

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                            Garrett has ALL of that and can’t get a win from a playoff contending team in four tries this year. No way that’s on Dak, Coaching issue. every reputable coach has out coached Garrett this year. I’m not even saying Garrett bad he just isn’t good enough.
                            He's worse than bad...I'm not sure he's awake.

4th and 7 is sure no guarantee. But you hadn't gotten in the end zone all day. That's as close as you'd been all day. Facing the best D in the league in 30mph wind, rain, cold, mud...special teams is garbage (because the coach sucks), you gotta go for it. The field goal is worthless without a TD, and again, you hadn't been close to getting one all day. TD extends the game...field goal is useless.

Comment

His win percentage since being in the league is top five I believe. So I don’t think he is terrible personally, but don’t feel he will go win a super bowl either. I mean that’s gotta mean something. I would be nervous as hell sending him off knowing he is going directly to the Giants. If he is replaced, Jerry better be ready to hire a coach with some nuts and isn’t a yes man. Does Jerry have that in him?

Comment

Loss by 4 or by 7 ..the L looks the same

Comment

Working...
                                X